We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bite the bullet

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bolton
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bite the bullet

finally had to bite the bullet and book with qatar

we just couldnt wait any longer

and risk not getting the dates we wanted

flying out on the 28th dec till 27th jan £948 each anyone braver than me and waiting for the prices to drop be patient once i had paid and got on the site to book my seats the bloody plane is not a

1/3 full

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
847 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bite the bullet

oooooo Nasty price....but having said that, if you want to go and the flight suits then you have to do whats best for you. We ae looking at around the same time and duration but going to hang on a bit and keep our fingers crossed. But have to say Kerala is looking more and more promising for us at the moment. Flights are a lot less than Goa, and you can get the short stopover flight with Qatar.

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bite the bullet

If its the flight you want then you just have to pay but that price is very painful indeed.

Edited: 27 August 2012, 23:02
Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bite the bullet

OMG that's a lot, we booked a few month's ago and got it for about £750 each and I thought I'd paid over the odds. Must be because it's New Year. But you've got to book sometime and you get worried that you won't get a flight. Do you have the morning flight from Manchester?

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bite the bullet

That is steep chester but then again at least you've booked and there's no guarantee the prices will drop.

bolton
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: bite the bullet

yes we are on the morning flight

yes alex at least we have booked but it didnt half make my eyes water

after waitng and watching for the last 3 months my bottle went yesterday

£3795 for four seats payed with my debit card then went to the garage to put in £50 worth petrol in and card was refused why the hell dont banks ring you if they are going to block the card due to unusual activity Grrrr!!

im sure i will feel much better when i down my first cold kings

can someone explain to me why if i put in 3rd dec going out and the same date coming back on the 27th jan the return price drops from £396 to £291

is there any truth in the rumour the gaffer at qatar is a ex goan taxi driver

thieving b******

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bite the bullet

Lol at least you have a sense of humour and just think 4 weeks in Goa to look forward to.

bolton
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: bite the bullet

Alex the only thing that made me feel a bit better

was the dreaded monarch wanted £1227 now that is taking the P

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bite the bullet

£1227 for a flight!! to Goa....that's probably worth more than the Plane..

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: bite the bullet

I'd rather have a curry than chew on an Enfield as the OP suggests

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bite the bullet

Bear in mind that the flight seats may not have been reserved yet, but may have been paid for. I booked in June for 23 days Nov-Dec and paid £668 pp, but at the time the seat booking wasn't working (no option to move to next flight, so nothing got saved even for the first). I've reserved our seats in the last few days.

When I booked, the morning flights weren't available for any day that week bar the 28th Nov, so either they are all booked up or Qatar are holding seats back for sale later (but that seems a bit illogical - surely a bird in the hand...).

From what others have fed back, the recent sale doesn't seem to have offered any morning flights - I'd pay quite a bit extra to avoid spending a day & a half getting there.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations