We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa question

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Visa question

Hi

were off to candolim in November and filled all the visa paperwork in. My wife and I are submitting the applicatins in to Birmingham in person this Monday,( although we have no appointments it says we can turn up and queue) but now she cant come.

Does anyone know if I can take both mine and hers?

also do I have to go back to collect them or will they post everthing back?

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa question

Hi Mark.. Yes you can take both with you. As for the return you can either go back and collect from Birmingham, or have them returned to you either by DX Courier service or via Royal Mail in a SDE ( Special Delivery Envelope - one for each passport). You need to decide which way you want before you go to Birmingham as you will either pay for the courier with the visa fees, or take 2 SDEs with you

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/passportreturn.html

Edited: 31 August 2012, 16:10
Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa question

Hi Trev thanks for the info and the link, I've never heard of there DX courier service so I reckon we might go for royal mail Thanks

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa question

Mark, for the return of your Passports, make sure that you send 2 Royal Mail SD Envelopes (one for each person).

The new (ridiculas) ruling says that for the return of your Passports from VFS Global only ONE Passport per RMSDE.

Edited: 01 September 2012, 09:29
Pocklington
Level Contributor
131 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa question

As someone else struggling with this - what's this all about the photograph size - 2" x 2"! Standard passport photos are considerably smaller!

Tried to pay on line today after completing the forms too - but the link on the site just went to a pdf of the completed form!

Seems like a faf to go on holiday - but I guess that's India for you!

What did you do about the photos?

Anyone else experienced problems trying to pay on line?

Cheers!

Edited: 01 September 2012, 17:57
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa question

Most of the photo booths now do them, it's the same size as the one's for U S A.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,617 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa question

Hi Saint_Bob I have had the same problem today trying to pay and schedule an appointment; it is par for the course I am afraid. I have sent an email to VFS saying that there is an error on their payment and appointment page.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa question

So same old problems again Igirl? What a farce!

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,617 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa question

Yeh Stalex. It's been driving me mad trying to get an appointment.

Not too bothered about paying as I can do that when I go to London. Same old, same old!!

UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa question

Hi all

I also had trouble paying online, the link does seem to be broken. Only hope I get the correct amount when I buy the postal orders! I do hope my holiday to Baga is worth all the trouble!!

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa question

MARK J..I am from Tenbury area and i went to Birmingham in jan this year to put my visa in and was told i was out of the area .i had to do my application all over again in the office and pay £1 for so any minute's on their computer's hope your quick finger wise.. the only way i could get round it was by putting my relations address/postcode down which was DY2.Hope this helps you...

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations