We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guest houses

cheshire
Level Contributor
84 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
guest houses

Hi we are going back to Candolim in nov , we are trying to contact a guest house called Darolina its in murrod beach road ,we called in there last year and were hoping to stay this year .

Could anyone offer any advice on where to stay if we cant contact the above , we are looking for a cheap and cheerful guest house room only near to the beach , if you have contact detail s that would be brill .

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer Paula xx

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: guest houses

can't help with the Darolina, but last year we did everything independently for the first time and a Goan friend arranged a room in a house facing the scrubland that lies between the beach and the town (where sunburn happens). It's the upper flor of the home of Cam & Rosie (of Camrose shack). I think they have 4 or 5 rooms, 2 of which face the beach (with balconies). One is a studio with side room housing laundry sink, wardrobe & fridge plus bathroom. I believe the other is larger with a separate bedroom. I don't know about the facilities in the rear/side facing rooms. The rooms have fan & TV. Rosie only had one kettle, which was being used by another room, but she did sort out a gas ring & pan for boiling water (we'll take a travel kettle this year).

Though basic, we really loved the place and its position - a short walk to the beach road (past English Rose), a cut through directly to Brunos and a direct stroll over the scrubland and through the dunes to Antonio's shack. It was really peaceful and Rosie was absolutely lovely. The view of the sunset over the dunes was stunning, and something few buildings can boast in Candolim. Rates range from rs1200-rs1500 per night..

John (of Antonio's) also has rooms just beyond Silver Sands, so also close to the beach. Last year he told me he charges rs1500 for one bedroomed and rs1200 for studios. I believe his rooms are very good.

I have contact details for both.

Edited: 08 September 2012, 11:27
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: guest houses

Hi Reilly I will send you a PM, rooms just behind the football ground in Candolim both have kitchens although no cooking facilities you will need your own kettle but I just leave mine there so can borrow if needed. We pay 900 a night a Xmas for the Non ac room the ac room is 1100 I think. However you may get them cheaper in Nov.

Candolim Imp we used to stay at Rosie's a few year ago they are in a great location and shes a great landlady

Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: guest houses

Hi Reilly have a look at Pretty Petals, it's just set a bit further back than the Darolina, it's in a lovely quiet location but still near the beach, for a non AC room we were quoted 1100 rupees per night that was for next March. However we decided to go back to Rising Waves apartments as it has AC plus separate kitchen etc. for 1600 rupees per night.

Both these properties are owned by the same people and if you are interested I will PM you contact details.

Edited: 08 September 2012, 16:49
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: guest houses

Yes, Rosie's really lovely. She was really helpful but not intrusive. The location is absolutely perfect for us, as we're die-hard Antonio regulars - and we couldn't be closer to his shack without camping!! (felt a little guilty not frequenting Camrose, but I think Cam recognised us as John's regulars. The fridge and telly are a bonus, as we didn't have these at Silver Sands. I miss the A/C a bit, but I'm really happy to make the sacrifice for the location, tranquility and view.

wales
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: guest houses

Hi

Number for darolina is 08322489746

mobile no 9922133551 and her name is Alina hope that helps

Leitrim, Ireland
Level Contributor
217 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: guest houses

Have stayed in Darolinas many times, great location, clean, friendly and excellent value.

e mail darolina@rediffmail.com

enjoy.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: guest houses

me want to stay duringxmas in same range 900. Please give me the number or email for that room

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: guest houses

indianmap, can you not read english, all the details are already printed.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: guest houses

goahappydays,only darolim detals are give not for rooms just behind the football ground in Candolim.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: guest houses

indianmap, those prices are per couple, do you really think they are going to let six single guys rent the room for the same cost......