We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ba flights to goa via Mumbia

jersey channle...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
ba flights to goa via Mumbia

Hi

i have just found a flight BA Mumbia and then jet airways to goa

reasonable price but having never gone to mumbia onlly ever stopped of in doha (qatar) to expensive this year!!! what is the airport like at mumbia and especially the duty free can anyone give me some idea of the prices of cig's spirits etc if they have one ??( a duty free that is)

and also what is this flight like ? has anyone done this BA then jet airways ? and they say it takes 15hours is this correct???

thanks

thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
852 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ba flights to goa via Mumbia

We too are looking at the same flight options. Never gone through Mumbai but having spoken to British airways, they say there is no need to collect baggage as its booked as a through flight. And as for the 15 hours, that will probably be correct as i think ours is round about that and we will be flying from manchester.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ba flights to goa via Mumbia

,,hi cal,,,just looked on ,SKYSCANNER, looks like AIR INDIA got some more cheap flights out for GOA,,from heathrow london,u return vie DEIHI but no probs the times both ways good and there FRIDAY flights, the dates were friday 25 jan back friday 22 feb,, scanner will give you SOUTHHALL TRAVEL to book your flight with,, and a good thing with air,india is you change for your goa flight in bombay inter,/nash airport the one you land from the uk and one and a half transit , thats good to,,so trailing to the domestic airport can be a pain,,like said the flight times good so no lay/over in bombay or deihi needed which is good,,with these flight and all this for 518 pound 89 pence..flying time,to/bombay 9/10hours,on to goa 1hour 40 minn in the air,,coming back goa same,,bom,to deli,2 and half hours deili,london would say 12 hours so all in all a good deal,,better than the b/airway, jet one take a look,,,bye,

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ba flights to goa via Mumbia

Your luggage will be booked through from a regional airport to Mumbai but you will have to collect it at Mumbai and clear immigration and customs. You will also need to get across to the domestic terminal for your jet flight. There's a free shuttle bus or its around 400 rups in a taxi don't recommend the taxi if your connection time is tight.

There's a duty free in Mumbai I am sure you can purchase on your way to baggage reclaim on the way out but if you do you will need to pack it in your checked luggage for the flight down to Goa. I can't remember exact prices but it was quite cheap for some booze and fags.

On the way home your luggage will be checked all the home from Goa if you have a longish wait at Mumbai in the way home rather than hang around outside departures (they won't let you in until at least 4 hours before your flight). Go down to the arrival area there's a few outside cafes and its easier to pass the time down there

Flight times Heathrow to Mumbai around 71/2 hours Mumbai to Goa 1 hour any extra is transit time.

I've flown BA and Jet in the past and found both good.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ba flights to goa via Mumbia

call,, forgot to say click on to TICKETSTOINDIA.COM,,thay had the same filights,,yesterday, thats in case southhall travel sellout at these prices and times thay wont last long bye

5. Re: ba flights to goa via Mumbia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 22:42
Edited: 02 October 2012, 22:42
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ba flights to goa via Mumbia

I booked with Tickets to India, return flights from Manchester via Heathrow to Mumbai with British Airways. I then booked my return flight from Mumbai to Goa on line direct with Air India and it worked out cheaper this way. I will have to clear immigration and customs in Mumbai but the good thing is I wont have to change terminals, as unlike the Jet, Airways flight, my Air India domestic flight is out of the international terminal. I have done the journey a number of times with different airlines and for me the worst part is changing terminals in Mumbai, so really looking forward to not having to do so this time.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ba flights to goa via Mumbia

As Dreamingofgoa states, you will have to collect your luggage when you arrive in Mumbai and also clear immigration.

As Mumbai is your first arrival in India you have to follow all immigration and customs proceedures. Once you have cleared all the official checks you can get a shuttle bus (with your luggage) to the Domestic Terminal. When you arrive at the Domestic Terminal you will have to check in at the Jet Airways check in for your flight to Goa.

Don't worry about all the formalities etc. As long as you have sufficiant time between your connection flight to Goa it's a pretty painless process.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,831 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ba flights to goa via Mumbia

I've flown with BA for the last three years and they have been absolutely fine. The flight to Mumbai (and it's Mumbai, not Mumbia btw), is about 9 hours, and the rest is just allowing time to get through customs and immigration and then your hour flight down to Goa. I'm assuming you're getting something like the 3.30 flight down? There is an earlier one, but it's a bit tight time-wise if there are any delays.

As everyone else says, you will need to collect your baggage at Mumbai on the way IN to India because that is your port of arrival. On the way OUT, your baggage should be checked through from Goa to the UK.

On the way home, Mumbai duty free is, IMHO, quite expensive, but these days I don't smoke or drink, so I'm not looking to buy booze or fags. Perfume is an arm and a leg, so I don't buy that either!

9. Re: ba flights to goa via Mumbia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations