We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

colva

peterborough
Level Contributor
172 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
colva

We are going to be based in Candolin over the new year for a few weeks

We are thinking off going down to Colva and spending a few nights

I imagine that taxi would be the best way , has anyone got a rough idea of the cost and are there any alternitives without having to take about 4 hours

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: colva

Colva isn't that far from Candolim...about 1 hour 10/15 mins by road.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,849 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: colva

If you don't get a taxi, you would have to get a bus from Candolim to Margao, and then a bus from Margao to Colva. However, the buses from Margao to Colva don't leave from the same bus station as the buses to/from Candolim, so you'd need to find your way across Margao. I'd go with the taxi!

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: colva

We wennt to Colva for 5days inJan. 2hrs from Callengute and we paid2.000rps return fare.

peterborough
Level Contributor
172 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: colva

2000 rps for a return journey sounds good to me

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: colva

firgot to say that was last season;;;(

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: colva

The bus from candolim to colva is really easy from candolim to panjim then from pajim to margoa non stop and as you get off the bus at margoa just 12feet away youll see the bus going to colva or hear the conductor shouting col la va lol But yes the bus is at the same station and the whole journey will cost no more than 40rps each

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,849 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: colva

Really? That's funny. The buses to Colva normally go from the bus station in the middle of the town, whereas the buses to Panjim go from the bus stand near the football stadium.

This has been a bone of contention for years, and is a real headache for people. It generally means you either have to get off the bus from Colva to Margao at the big roundabout and walk, or you have to get a taxi between bus stands, or just give in and get a bus from Colva to Margao. Apparently there was a bus that did the route for about a week, but then it was pulled. There were rumours about those who control the taxi mafia being responsible for its demise, but I wouldn't know about that!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: colva

ive been doing the bus to and from calungute for years it starts off at the same bus station that the non stop panjim margoa bus arrives before going into town before arriving at colva

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,849 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: colva

Well there you are, you learn something new every day!!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,612 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: colva

I know when we went from Margoa to Panjim the Cavelossim bus went into the same bus station that the Panjim bus departed from. It stopped in the main square first but continued on to the bus station.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim