We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants

Hi someone help my husband is very funny with is food can you let me know of the best places to eat english food !!!!!

i am going to candolim staying at the phoenix park inn resort but only b&b so need some places to eat

thanks for any help !!!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

You can find something English on most restaurants menus. Even a Sunday roast. The beach shacks do English food as well.

London
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

I agree with Karen ... it's easy to find "English" food, don't worry about it. Plenty of steaks, fish n chips, pies etc. It might look slightly different to what you expect, but they're pretty good at achieving the taste blandness of the traditional English pallet ;) :p

There's also a fair few other cuisines out there if you fancy them (Italian, Asian (thai/china), etc).

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Try l'Orange in Candolim.

Brilliant pork / lamb chops from the barbie, served with baked potato and salad.........yum!

Wolf

Plymouth
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Try Tony,s Place for probably the best fish 'n chips in Candolim. Served with home made chips and mushy peas. Very good for other food too. One of the most popular restaurants in Candolim. You,ll always get a good welcome from Tony and his staff. Wise to book a table if you dine before 9 p.m.

Another good restaurant to try is the Mad Cat next to Bruno,s Shop. A bit more up market than most restaurants but well worth a visit. I f you want steak, Foxy's is well recommended, only a few minutes walk from the Mad Cat.

Just a few ideas but I'm sure you will find others to suit your needs.

Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

I think you mean Cato Loco not Mad Cat lol

lancs
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Ruffles has bisto, paxo , apple sauce ,roast potatoes,mash ,pies etc

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

If your hubby likes his homemade pie n mash, steak/kidney pud etc........then try Ruffles, it's not my kind of place, but know it's popular for English grub.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

Thanks everyone for your help are all these places near to the hotel i am staying at ???

Darlington
Level Contributor
863 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

Yes. We stayed there last yr. make sure u take a torch for walking back up the lane! Especially after a few drinks! Some great places to eat, you won't dissapionted.

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants

The best place to eat English food is England. Why travel thousands of miles to have the same dull stuff you have at home?

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations