We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Damn Visas!!!!

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Damn Visas!!!!

Sent visas off last Wednesday, got home from work today, card through letterbox from postman saying he'd tried to deliver 2 special delivery packets..........great.............not!! Specifically sent 2 return adressed envelopes with our application with my parents adress on because they are always at home, we are out all day at work. But the morons have sent them to our address!!!!!!!! Got to get my dad to go n fetch them now from sorting office.. Why are they so infuriateing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Damn Visas!!!!

If you'd already pre addressed the SD Envelopes to your parents address then can't understand why they would be sent your house but it's not that bad is it? atleast you've got them.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Damn Visas!!!!

How did the postman know your address !.

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Damn Visas!!!!

am presuming either vfs or the embassy have re adressed them, our address is on the actual application form. Applied for 12 months as well so dying to know what we got !!

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Damn Visas!!!!

bindoobaba, not got them yet, just hope when I phone in morning they will agree to let my dad pick them up, it says they won't redeliver special delivery items to another address, and when I'm next off work they not open !!!

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Damn Visas!!!!

As long as your Dad has ID they should let him collect them.

Still can't understand why they would re address the SD Envelopes.

cheshire
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Damn Visas!!!!

We paid for visas to be returned via Dx , got home today they had tried to deliver but nobody in, rang to rearrange , if we want specific times we have to pay another £6each for them to deliver. That is after paying for special delivery, what a ripoff.

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Damn Visas!!!!

I avoided DX courier because they will only deliver to the applicants address, thought by sending SAE for Royal Mail, would be able to get them returned to a different address, next time I will have to send a letter explaining the different return address....................along with all the other endless documents !!

LONDON
Level Contributor
210 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Damn Visas!!!!

I am going to hand deliver my Visa's to VFS in Victoria this year with two of us going it will save us nearly £40 in special delivery charges for the cost of a couple of tube tickets to drop off and collect. I absolutely hate VFS. This year I went onto the website to complete my forms and at the end of the first one I did it didnt give me the W000 ref so thought im sure I had not missed it. So on the second one I did I made sure i checked and the second one didnt give me the ref either so had to call the 95p per minute number for them to give me this reference. I dont know if anyone else has this problem but I just assumed it was a racket to get you to call the number so they can make more money from you.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
592 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Damn Visas!!!!

Sent for 2 visa's last week in Royal Mail recorded delivery envelope. Enclosed only 1 SAE for return of both passports, unfortunately I had not realised 2 SAE's were required. So only my wifes was returned. I emailed Hayes about paying for return of mine, but amazingly mine was returned next day even before Hayes replied.

So mine was returned free, result I reckon.

Does not really help this post, but credit where it's due, they get it right most of the time.

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Damn Visas!!!!

Yippeeeeeee, got my visas, 12 months as well, multiple entry!! The SAE I enclosed had the address ruled out and printed address labels with our address had been stuck on, poor postman was confused didn't know which address to deliver, unfortunately he picked wrong one, but got them anyway. Quickest turnround in 12 years of applying as well, well happy :-)))

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations