We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

were can you get dressed up for a night out in Cadolim

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Riberac, France
Level Contributor
196 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
were can you get dressed up for a night out in Cadolim

Hi going to Candolim in December and wondering were i can get dressed up at night and go to a nice hotel or restaurant for live music, and good food with nice surroundings,

Will be going to the shacks to eat but I like to get a bit dressed up on holiday and go out, to bars-hotels-restaurants.Any advice would be great

Also how do we look up the elephant place, and advice on that

Ta

London
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: were can you get dressed up for a night out in Cadolim

Anywhere :)

Saw plenty of people last year dressed up and dressed down wherever we went. Whether it's advisable on a practical front is totally another matter.

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
979 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: were can you get dressed up for a night out in Cadolim

Hi

There are always people 'dressed' for dinner (hot evening style) at the 'better' restaurants:

A Reverie

Soumyen's Kitchen

The Bistro

Fiesta

Over The Flames.

etc

Live music (good) is a more rare experience, but Stonehouse has good evenings

Riberac, France
Level Contributor
196 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: were can you get dressed up for a night out in Cadolim

Thanks Pdix, so not event he hotels have any music nights then

London
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: were can you get dressed up for a night out in Cadolim

On the practicality point, can I refer you to ths thread tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k5… in summary heals are a no no because of very bad paths (if you can call them that). Also, decent clothes will look grubby quite quickly as almost everywhere is an orange dust that gets almost everywhere - avoid white.

Some places stick out in my mind though which were "smarter" - for food you could try Tuscan gardens or maybe republic of noodles. I only really went to one place where there was live music and that was Stonehouse which was more restaurant than bar, but would happily recommend although not sure it was dressy.

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
979 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: were can you get dressed up for a night out in Cadolim

Hi

Hotels?

Mostly they do, and mostly most people avoid them....

Edited: 19 October 2012, 22:57
Bristol
Level Contributor
67 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: were can you get dressed up for a night out in Cadolim

Each to their own, but I enjoy two weeks of dressing down........

Although, it doesn't feel right to be too casual on our visit (always go there, at least once, usually twice every trip) to Mum's Kitchen.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: were can you get dressed up for a night out in Cadolim

Chilly is doing a fancy dress night at the Cravery . .LOL

The Taj used to do a fixed price dining with a show evening around the pool at Fort Aqauda, we bought the tickets from Day Tripper for about a tenner but it was a few years since we last did it

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: were can you get dressed up for a night out in Cadolim

In the evening dressing up seems to be trousers and a sparkly or pretty top, the same with no heel sandles , but a low wedge seems to be fine, as they copes with the holes in the road ( mainly).I wear white cotten trousers and have been doing so for the last 26 years of holidaying in Goa , , a lot of people seem to like the 3/4 lenth trousers.

As for REAL dressing up (cocktaildress and killer heels) it is not really done , but believe me, most of the ladies i see out at night look really good.

Riberac, France
Level Contributor
196 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: were can you get dressed up for a night out in Cadolim

Thanks everyone, i live in the middle of no were in france and dont get the chance to put on a nice dress, so my holidays i enjoy doing that some of the time anyhow, will take note about heels, only bring 1 pair anyway, we are staying in the Fortune select regina hotel in candolim, i wonder if anyone knows if they have entertainment

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: were can you get dressed up for a night out in Cadolim

If you decide to have the odd night at the hotel, and they have entertainment laid on at the restaurant there, then that is possibly the best time to dress up. To go out and about along rough, sometimes dark, roads and to the shacks at night, you would probably look a bit out of place. However, that's not to say some people don't and very nice they look too Best to go by cab, not walk. For myself, the main attraction of Goa is that you can dress down and for comfort most of the time. As for my hair, straightened to within an inch of it's life at home, I have to forget that and go au naturale (frizzy).

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations