We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get sun bed.

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Suffolk
Level Contributor
78 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How to get sun bed.

Hi First time to Goa in 3 weeks time, staying at Whispering Palms. What is the routine for getting a sun bed on the beach. So do we have to pay and what is the chance of getting a parasol? I like the heat but not sitting in direct sun all day. Thanks Gwen

north wales
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get sun bed.

hi Gwencw great spot you are in for the beach,only 2 to 3 minutes away,just go to the shacks and ask for a sunbed there should be no charge if you are eating and drinking there,we use Ganesh shack just to the left when you get to the beach nice family good food and never been charged

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get sun bed.

All you do is once you've found a beach shack that you like the look of (there's plenty to choose from) and there are sunbeds available, just set yourself on the beds and relax. There's no payment, all they ask you to do is order your food and drink from that shack. You can also ask for a Parasol as most if not all shacks have plenty.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get sun bed.

Hi

i would ask first if they charge.

Most will say free if you eat and drink.

Some may try and charge but if they do just walk away to a nearby shack and ask again.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get sun bed.

Its best to check they are free before you settle down as they will likely add

an amount to your bill otherwise.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
78 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get sun bed.

Thank you all for your replys very helpful.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get sun bed.

I've never been charged for a sunbed and when I get the bill at the end of the day I have an idea of what I should be paying and the bill is always less than I think. I find the goans very honest straightforward people and if there was something on tor bill your not happy with you would have no prob getting it removed.

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get sun bed.

Just to confirm what Badgerlad said about shacks charging for sunbeds. Apparently there are a large number of shacks that charge in Candolim.

Bobbies was a massive 50rps a day!! Even though as a party of 4 we had spent the best part of 2000rps at the shack, they wouldn't deduct the 200rps charge for sunbeds.

We never went back.

On the other hand I have never been charged on any other beach in Goa for sunbeds.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get sun bed.

gwen dont know if u been following the posts of the forum,,but this season ,thay MAY be a prob with beds soon find out the FIRST uk charter sets of to day to goa,,,its a new gov in goa/india,,and thay on about trying to sort the beaches out in goa,,calangute,baga candolim getting a big mess,,beds down to the sea in baga, .not good thay are saying,,people probs getting by,,the dogs ect as well lol,, so the are only allowing each shack,5 pair of sun beds, meening 10 sun beds each shack,,,but the dreamers shack in candolim,who i called up a few days ago is saying its 10 beds only to put out but allowed more if needed, all the shacks that are UP are doing the same he says,,,he is open now and doing good biss he is saying,,,so there SHUD be no probs wth the sun beds thats getting them,,,as for charging for the beds thay did in 1996 when we first whent to goa 50 rups,a bed then someone started giving free beds so thay all had to follow on lol,,but likes been said i some do charge in cand it wont be menny yet lets see what happens with the bed and the goverment thing,,know in goa ,well,,,but if they charge for the beds,,and u planing to eat ,or have a drink,,u tell them,u eating or drinking,//,thats not just a bottle of water for the day like some cheeky buggers do,lol,// and thay still want paying for the bed just walk thay change there mind fast there are more beds on the beach,hopfully,lol,,,,,have fun bye,

Edited: 01 November 2012, 10:46
Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get sun bed.

Personally I would sooner pay a small charge for a sunbed and have one for the day then when I get to a shack than find all the beds reserved for people who never turn up

It was ok in the old days when there was plenty of beds but now they are limited to the number of beds it seems a better idea to make the people pay who use them

Edited: 01 November 2012, 10:58
cumbria
Level Contributor
339 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get sun bed.

We used Ganeshs shack when we stopped at the sunset beach lovely Guy good food and free beds but we did ask first if there was a charge

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations