We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch Airlines

Riberac, France
Level Contributor
234 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch Airlines

Hi all, just wondering what this years service and reliability has been for Monarch, we are traveling with them on the 8th December and returning 23rd december, i am a bit worried that they might delay getting back, as I have to travel n on christmas eve.

They used to have a bit of a bad rep, am hoping

they have improved

Or am I dreaming, we got their and back with no problems

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,706 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch Airlines

You can only hope Blackie

Al Ain, United Arab...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch Airlines

Flown with Monarch several times and never had any problems travelling in December (ie peak period).

Always been on time with departure both ways.

Others may have had problems, but I've had none with December flights.

england
Level Contributor
4,277 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch Airlines

I have,nt flown with them for years as hate them, I know this year they had to stop mid way to refuel but think where on time

Riberac, France
Level Contributor
234 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch Airlines

God keep them coming, i booked premier class as well bit more leg room, and a eye thingy ha ha, , and we get our own moniter in the back of the seat but it might be worth it husband is a daddy long legs

bolton
Level Contributor
366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch Airlines

yes blackie your definitley dreaming

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch Airlines

We flew with monarch in january this year and are doing so again in march nexy year - all i can say that we must be a glutton for punishment... i am really not looking forward to this flight again but i just think of the holiday thats waiting. Also quite a few people booked and paid for premier only to be told when boarding that they had overbooked and they had too fly economy, so be warned!!!!

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monarch Airlines

Unfortunately Monarch have not had the best of years this year and are way down the league table in terms of on time departures (see link below). However that does not necessarily mean you will be delayed. I have flown with them 4 times this year and all my flights were on time, if a little early.

http://www.flightontime.info/loco/loco.html

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch Airlines

Given up on Monarch for any reasons.....we are trying Qatar for the first time this season. Timings are better for us as well.

Riberac, France
Level Contributor
234 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch Airlines

What would one do to have paid premier and then have to sit in economy we have paid a lot each for this, just wondered what I would need to do if that happened.

I have just called Monarch as i was told when i booked i could reserve my seats today, but am now told they cant do that and will make sure we sit together, has anyone else paid for premier class and were they able to reserve their seats in advance

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monarch Airlines

.......hi woody 4 times with mon,,was that short haul...the goa flight a bit diff,,if u never done it, in menny ways lol,,,but maybe u have with a diff airline,,,,BUT but thay have the best flight times, monarch,,good morrning times and a good set of time from goa,not a midd of,/night,ish flight,,,so i think for a lot of people who have to go right,ish back to work the monach flight is better for them,,,,everybody was useing mon for there cheap charter flight price, years ago, thay were bad but cheap,,but now still bad but expen,lol,, whot with the maybe..// dep on the sort,of plane thay are useing,/,stop of in,k ,, that was the main thing last season, the stopping, and not letting u off,,, not good with the plane air/con,,prob off,,u get a bit STICKY lol, even if its only a hour stop,,,,,so it looks like the luck of the draw,if u stop or not,,,,was going to say getting prem is a good opp,,bit expen unless u get a deal,,,but someone saying thay are even over booking on this,,is there enything thay wont mess up,lol,,, with the prices thay are charging for the charter flights this year,,and if your not to tied to sent dates,of travel,,it better for some,,to look at QATAR flights,vie doha to goa,,with the short transit times thay are still ,the short transt,times 2 hours,ish good to strech yer legs,lol,,,if u look and not to bothered about the dates u prob get a goa flight with qatar for 750 pound,ish which is what the charters are charging for ecom,,,on the qatar flight its like prem on the charteres all free drinks food good seats,, but like said it all dependes if tied to sert dates some times bye,