We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

entertainment in candolim

uk
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
entertainment in candolim

hi staying at silversands in november is there any entertainment on site or is it else where 1st timers so dont know what to expect

Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: entertainment in candolim

The last time we stayed at Silver Sands there was not entertainment in the hotel, but as you walk out of the hotel turn left which will take you onto beach road and you will find lots of bars and restaurants, there isn't a lot of live entertainment but most places have background music playing and there is Teama just round the corner from your hotel that has kareoke on once or twice a week.

Best thing to do is have a wander round I'm sure you will find plenty to keep you entertained and if you do want live music the Stonehouse is probably your best option, it's a good walk or a short taxi ride from were you are staying.

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: entertainment in candolim

Hi you are in a good location close to candolim beach, would, nt think be entertainment at hotel, don,t worry plenty of places in candolim to eat, drink and be merry:), there is places like the stone house that plays live music, the carvery on a weds and fri is quiz nite, j29 sports bar for all just footie matches etc

Edited: 31 October 2012, 20:30
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
893 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: entertainment in candolim

There is no entertainment in Silver Sands, but you're on the doorstep for most other things that are going on. Most places will advertise any entertainment, so have a look around on your 1st coule of days and see what takes your fancy. The Stonehouse is very good for live music and just a couple of minutes in a taxi or tuk tuk away. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

peterborough
Level Contributor
172 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: entertainment in candolim

Just up the beach road and 40 yards to your right you will come to 3 pubs in a triangle called the Mango Grove, Bending Bamboo and i believe it is called Jazzamland

You will find some kind of entertainment each night in one of them

peterborough
Level Contributor
172 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: entertainment in candolim

Sorry reference the bar called Jazzamland , it is called Jambalaya

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: entertainment in candolim

Hotel entertainment in Goa is usually dire to be honest. We haven't actually stayed in the hotel on an evening since 1999 when we stayed at the Aldeio Bello in Baga. They at the time had the best staff I have ever come across in Goa.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
328 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: entertainment in candolim

Some years ago the Memsahib and I wandered into a place called The Chilli Pepper or something of a similar name. Its way down the south end of the strip where you come to the T junction for Fort Aguada. Turn left and it’s about 150m along on the right hand side. On a Wednesday night they had a "Fiesta" which was camper than Butlins at Christmas! African acrobats, Indian theatre, exotic dancers, what looked like a Mexican band, all staff in weird costumes and all at the same time! We had a right old knees up.

Unfortunately the Memsahib had a bit too much of the Rum and Coke and things got out of hand! She did a bit of dancing in her early years - something like Frying Pans People - and still fancies herself cutting a rug. Bit embarrassing as the Manager said her Cancan was a danger to his patrons! I said it was a danger to shipping!

You will have to ask Wolfie or another resident if the place is still going and its correct name.

Happy Hols. Paymonger.

Riberac, France
Level Contributor
219 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: entertainment in candolim

Hi I am staying at the Fortune Regina in Candolim, and was wondering the same thing, i love a bit of entertainment, anyone had any there

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: entertainment in candolim

I thought if you turned left at Fort Aquada junction you ended up by the water, sort of opposite what was loosely termed 'Paradise Beach' many years ago. It was, if you like sea snakes washed up all over the sand. Can't recall seeing any bars, but that was about 15 years ago.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: entertainment in candolim

For entertainment just install yourselves in a bar and watch the madness of Goa pass by - you can't beat it for entertainment!

Get answers to your questions about Candolim