We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disapointing Restaurants?

London
Level Contributor
133 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Disapointing Restaurants?

There are plenty of "good restaurants" tips.

Where in Candolim have you been disapointed? And why?

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

Its everyone own personal taste, what i may find only average... you might find to be the best/worst ever. Best thing is to read through the reviews on this site.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

Think it depends largely on your menu choice, you win some and lose some!

London
Level Contributor
133 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

i should have named this, please send me the most "obvious answers"

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,898 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

Edward

I think the answers are right.

Food taste is very subjective.

Just because someone doesn't like a particular dish (say chicken xacuti) doesn't mean that the chicken xacuti isn't good.

It just means that that person didn't like it.

Nor does it mean that all the other indian food (and probably the European food) on the menu isn't good.

It may even be down to a different chef that night.

I think demanright has the best suggestion - concetrate on best recommendations.

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

Its very hard to say what restaurants you dislike, as i said before, what i dont like you may love and all that will cause is another massive discussion and that in itself will cause problems, as people wont agree and get offended because you have just knocked their favourite eaterie.. We used to take a list of the top reccomendations for Goa and try and work down the list, now over the years we have our own list and probably visit just one of the top ten..if at all. As prettypolly says, your taste buds, your choice..lol..good luck x

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

Edwin, are you hoping to cause a bit of controversy here, trust me, someone will press the button if TA members start slagging off restaurants?

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

I think we have all had a bad experience in some restaurants and some times it is just that a meal is not what you expected or simply ordering the wrong thing in that type of restaurant so I don't like the idea of branding a restaurant bad based on the strength of someone else opinion

We was part of a group in a popular restaurant the other night and waited well over an hour for our meal but it is still early in the season and it turned that half the staff have not returned this season also the food was good when it did arrive, we had a bad experience that night but we will go back

I have also seen people complain loudly about their bill been incorrect when they have been part of a group at a table that had asked for separate bills but they have been so drunk they could not have had a clue about how much they had consumed however some places are very bad at doing separate bills and some now refuse to split bills for groups, does that make it constitute as bad restaurant, because the staff can’t cope with separate billing or some of their customers were out of their brains

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,898 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

welloutofit

you've just said what I meant in my earlier post much better than I did - IYSWIM.

Let's just concentrate on 'best' restaurant recommendations.

FWIW, I didn't think Edwin was trying to create controversy, just trying to avoid somewhere that somebody else didn't think was very good.

Edited: 08 November 2012, 11:04
Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

Lets put it this way , i think Jumbalaya ( spelling) in Candolim , will notice the diffenence this year , as most went for the music and company . They certainly did not go for the food and drink!! Well i certainly did not anyway, If I had, i would have been very disapointed. But we shall see.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

Name and shame forum now?

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations