We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disapointing Restaurants?

London
Level Contributor
133 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Disapointing Restaurants?

There are plenty of "good restaurants" tips.

Where in Candolim have you been disapointed? And why?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

They are restaraunts in a third world country.......

Not the savoy in London.....

I'm sure they all try their best to please us (GETTING FUSSY) Brits....

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,211 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

Disagree with you Glyn

Some restaurants serve wonderful food, others like the one Vurdas mentioned don't.....even on the 4th visit over 4 years!!!!! so they had their chance to improve but didnt

These are restaurants we are talking about not shacks on the beach (where i have had some of my best meals incidentally).

I'n not fussy but i want to eat in a place that serves good food be it in a restaurant or on the side of the road.

It is up to the individual if they chose not to venture into any restaurant that someone mentions on here.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

Salt N Pepper in Baga, its absolutely crap!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

I agree with you, the best meals we have had,have been in the shacks....

I think what i'm trying to say is, that i doubt if the chefs are profesional, but MOST i'm sure try their best...

I must be lucky, as i been to Candolim several times and can say i never had a bad meal..HOWEVER i do love curries and most other Asian foods....

Sorry you had bad meal and hope it not spoilt your holiday Badgerlad...

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

I'd rather eat at a "third world" restaurant than some overpriced posh joint. And I agree that you can often just pick the wrong dish that turns out not to be to your liking, and you shouldn't judge just by that..But it's still fair to say if food is cold, wrong, small portions overpriced etc.

In the case of Jambalaya, three seasons ago it did the best Chicken Tikka we had all holiday, with big tender chunks of meat, and a great Karahai. But the next season the tikka was half the size, and the Indian menu really limited, with no Karahai. So yes, we were disappointed with Jambalya for food. But like most people, we still went for Blues and the the TA get together, and stuck to the booze.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,211 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

Glynn, i was expecting it and no a night in Dr Dukle's didnt spoil my holiday... lol

Only went in to see Blues ruin some of my favourite songs, and he had asked the management to get some Kings in behind the bar for me.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

OMG you telling me there is a bar in Goa, that has no Kings LOL

I would keep well away from that place....Next you will be tellin me they have no Honeybee lol....

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

I know it's not in Candolim but went in Delhi Darbar this year, won't bother again. The food wasn't very good at all, not a patch on the place it used to be many years ago.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,585 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

but they had large Tuborg at 80 Rps and saddly a lot of bars have no Kings now

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Disapointing Restaurants?

Is there a reason for that welloutofit ????