We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre Paid Card

hull
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pre Paid Card

Any one ever used a pre paid card in Goa.

I have had a look on the net and several say free to withdraw currency at the ATM.

Any thoughts or comments

Cheers

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre Paid Card

Most prepaid cards do not charge, but some of the ATM's do!

Sorry I don't know which are charging this season?

Regards

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre Paid Card

I may be swinging towards a pre paid card again this year but would like to know which ATMs do not charge for withdrawals.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre Paid Card

I've just applied for an icici Indian Rupee Travel Card.

It's free to use at any icici ATM and at any other ATM there's a small charge of 25 Rupees each time.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre Paid Card

Thanks Bindoobaba, that's good to know. Do you have to apply and load the card online at the same time? I'm asking as I haven't got the funds to do that at the mo as the new bathroom and 4 new car tyres have cleaned me out!! Lol

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre Paid Card

STALEX, you can apply online for one, once you get your card you have to wait a couple of working days for it to register. Once all that's done you can load the card whenever you wish.

The card is valid for 170 days but that's from when you start using it. It holds up to 50'000 rupees at a time. If you want any more help let me know.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre Paid Card

That's less than £600 so how do you load it again over there? The attraction is the free withdrawals/25 rps charge in other ATMs.

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pre Paid Card

Hi Stalex

Can be loaded online if you have internet access in Goa.

Or you can load at any branch of ICiCI, but that sort of defeats the object of having a card!

Regards

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pre Paid Card

Very true starrman.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pre Paid Card

The Travelex cash passport card charges 2% to load up with sterling but you then have to suss out which ATMs do not charge in Goa although Travelex do not charge for an ATM withdrawal themselves.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,047 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pre Paid Card

Hi Stalex, My Bank allows you to set up a payment for a future date on internet banking. If I get an ICICI card I'll put £500 on before we go and then set up a another payment to the card say 2 weeks later. Think most Banks allow you to do this on their Internet Banking.

Says on ICICI site they charge Rs350 to set up a card ( one off fee), thats roughly what my bank would charge for two Rs10000 withdrawals so not saving a vast amount with these cards.

Edited: 09 November 2012, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations