We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach sellers

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
beach sellers

are the beah sellers back to normal or are they still bared also the sellers at night fire eaters tightrope walkers are they still there or have they gon also

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: beach sellers

There were absolutely no beach sellers on Colva beach, and I have to say I did miss them a bit. However, it did save me lots of money!

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: beach sellers

I miss Kumar the little boy who is about 12 now and has lots of joints in his arms and legs. He has a smile to die for and his brother brings him on his bike and keeps a distance from him looking out for him.

I love him to bits as he is so cheery despite he can hardly get about as he shuffles on his bottom.

I am not so sure I saw him last year.

He used to pass through Betalbatim and in the monsoons I used to see him in Margao.

I sometimes asked if he wanted a meal and he would say "Can my brother have one as well?"

His manners are impeccable.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: beach sellers

There were a few sellars on the Tivai Vaddo stretch of Calangute beach.

they come out when the police go for their lunch...;-)

The paper boy was there every morning.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: beach sellers

How can 6yr old kids selling peanuts and £2.00 bracelets be crooks put your hands in your pockets and spend a fiver it's the way they make a living they don't come from 2 parent family's on £50000 a year

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: beach sellers

Get a bit of peace without them...but might miss the crack.

What really annoys me is the same guy will ask you at least 20 times a day...if I don't want it the first time.....I DON'T WANT IT.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: beach sellers

I don't like to see kids selling on the beach, IMO these kids are often being exploited by their parents - especially while they are young and cute. While they are selling on the beach they are not getting any education.

Edited: 17 December 2012, 19:11
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: beach sellers

Does anyone no if goldie & lucky are around the calamari beach shack ??

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,686 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: beach sellers

I do understand where KristieH is comeing from, but if they were not on the beach selling , would they be getting an education? I do not think so. , and maybe have no money for food either.

I do feel sorry for them , and yes i sometimes buy peanuts i do not want , , but when i look at these small children ,I think of when mine were small , and life was much harder than it is now.

Poor little devils, they need a leg up in the world.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: beach sellers

Think the kids self educate themselfs how many of us can speak indian or russian .the mrs and i are well impressed by the young bracelet girls that have a good knowledge of spelling .we all need money to survive nothing is free anymore .

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: beach sellers

Yes Vurda, I feel sorry for them too and no child should have to work at their tender age, but I wish parents would stop using their kids to earn money. I too have bought things from them - and often give them something to eat, but it doesn't make it right.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations