We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach sellers

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
beach sellers

are the beah sellers back to normal or are they still bared also the sellers at night fire eaters tightrope walkers are they still there or have they gon also

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
291 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: beach sellers

I met the young girl gofome she sold peanuts on beach. I asked where she was this year and I was so pleased I heard she was now at school. Due to lack of work no doubt. Bless them.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: beach sellers

That's really good to hear, she's now a child again, lovely!

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
367 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: beach sellers

I met a little boy working on his auntys store He told me middle of January 12 he was going back to his home town and back to school and they have to wear a uniform so some kids do get educated

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: beach sellers

Here, here!

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: beach sellers

Are any schools free now?

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: beach sellers

As I understand it, it is mandatory for children between 6 - 14 to attend school in India. This education is free, but sadly some children are expected to work and contribute towards the family's income, as was the case in England in the 19th century!

Edited: 18 December 2012, 17:17
england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: beach sellers

yes kristie england in the 19 century,,,bit like india was,in the 19 century, were we still there,lol,, a india boy i know studying , history say it was better when the engllsh were, gov in india not as corrupt its now

,,,;most of the sellers come to goa to sell cos thay get about 4 times more on the beach in goa than in say bombay,ect ,and the little kids selling begging ect on the beach,mama papa gen in the bushes watching them,sell and taking the rupes,,its just the way of life for them norm ish,,if not on the beach with a nice cool breeze as one put it he//she be in some sewing shop,from dawn till dusk, and earning peanuts lol,,goa is a very diff set up to the parts of india most of the sellers come from,its a very hard life for them,in there villages,so better of in goa, getting what thay can,, but this last few years its been no good for them the shack we go to had the same girl selling sarongs ect for the last 10 years we know her 2 seasons ago she said this job no good no one is buying anything,so that was it gone she was, and wed now 2 kids,,, but the sellers days have gone i think, to menny russians ect and less uk ect, not good he say,,, thay take not give one seller said to me lol,,not buying , anything MOST russians and the bombay people barter to hard cos thay know the right price,ish,,,,so what to do,,,,and dont forget ,,3 bags peanuts for 10 rupes NOT one bag ,, lol,,bye

Island of Anglesey...
Level Contributor
367 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: beach sellers

Kids need aBirth Certificate and uniform to go to go to school this costs about £20 which many familys dont have school is free C

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: beach sellers

Yes, it is sad. Maybe in years to come things will change, and life for the kids won't be so hard. You may be right about British rule though - I know when we were in Kenya locals there wished the Brits were back.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: beach sellers

yes kristie but the kids i india seem happy WELL most,, think its a thing of what u never had u dont miss,lol, and thay all have BIG familys,, so thay look after each other . them days going for us in the uk,i think,lol,,but were we live its like// little india// lol were near BRADFORD,,so when we tell them in goa were we from thay say india/goa like a home from home to u lol, but u look at the set up in uk,,and india,, it must seem like PARADISE to them,when some come to the uk,,,bye

Edited: 18 December 2012, 18:54
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations