We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

goa airport

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
goa airport

been told £200 fine if you have nuts or food when arriving at airport

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Cabo Palace
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Surrey
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: goa airport

Most countries have import restrctions of food imports in order to control contamination in their country, the UK has the same restrictions.

Not sure of fines, most products would be confiscated to protect the country.

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: goa airport

I would not worry. Never seen anyones bags been opened by customs and we have been at least fifteen times.

Not to say it does not happen but they seem lax at best.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
860 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: goa airport

Wouldn't worry as stated above, on arrival they really just want you out of airport. Lol well that once the ever smiling immigration team have finished checking your visas. Lol

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,458 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: goa airport

Noone his getting their hands on my nuts!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: goa airport

U mean i could be searched ..if found with cheese arriving fr. Uk..i could b asked to shell out 200£.. For a tiny piece of cheese..i better forget cheese, nuts...mind U ive never been searched so far..incl @ delhi, mumbai or Goa airports...

6. Re: goa airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Candolim