We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lucia guesthouse

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
gateshead
Level Contributor
176 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
lucia guesthouse

anyone stayed at this place?does it have aircon?Any comments greatly appreciated.We are stopping at the Santana this feb but already looking at places for next year.Anyone stayed at both?What do think is the best?

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
428 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lucia guesthouse

Take a look at the reviews. tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297605-d6372…

It seems some rooms have aircon at a small extra cost. It gets good write ups and they're on facebook too. Why don't you pay them a visit in Feb?

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lucia guesthouse

Hi Tony

We stayed there in 2011.

It does have aircon

If you look at the reviews, i did a review about it.

Everyone raves about.

This is what i put on my trip report when we returned:

Arrived at Lucia's guest house in Candolim (more like Sinquerim) at approx 5.00am (had we seen internal photographs, it’s very doubtful we would have booked it), paid my driver the usual fare and said I would see him during the holiday.

Lucia showed us to our room and bought us a pot of very welcome tea.

Extremely basic, and I have stayed in four different guest houses in Calangute, so I have a feel of what basic and extremely basic is.

Went to bed and got up at 9.00am, sat on the balcony and 5 mins later Joseph appeared with a tray of breakfast, carried it through to the balcony and promptly sat down on a stool with us and started chatting.

We knew from reviews that this happened but we didn’t really want him sitting on our balcony every morning chatting to us. I am not the most sociable person first thing in the morning and Meerkat felt uncomfortable sat in a flimsy silky dressing gown eating and chatting.

It did make us feel uncomfortable.

This happened for the first two mornings before I said that we didn’t want breakfast anymore as we don’t like to eat straight after getting out of bed. (We had a kettle so could still have a brew).

He did however sit on the balcony of the guests next door (as we heard them all chatting at 7.45 every morning....grrrrr).

They are really friendly hosts.

My advice would be to go and have a look around when you visit in Feb.

Good luck

gateshead
Level Contributor
176 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lucia guesthouse

thanks to comments made.I will have a look in feb,but dont fancy sharing breakfast with the owners!!!!Does it not have a breakfas area?Have looked at reviews and it does sound good but if we compare the meerkats,who also has a flimsy silk gown my OH is not too keen either

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lucia guesthouse

No breakfast area Tony.

Joseph brings the brekky up on a tray and walks through the bedroom onto your balcony, then sits on his stool while you eat it.

Lucia also invites you for an evening meal with them.

It seems that we are the only ones who gave a review whoi wouldnt stay there again.

As i have said, had we viewed it before we booked we wouldnt have stayed there.

If you need to know where exactly it is situated post again and i will tell you.

gateshead
Level Contributor
176 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lucia guesthouse

think it is behind the kingfisher house(i know where that is)I think what you have said has changed our minds.Probably stay with the brilliant Santana again.This is why its good to have this forum though,you have saved me the experience of the shared brekkie....urgh!!

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lucia guesthouse

Yes, if you take a right at Tuscany Gardens it is down past the Lui beach hotel.

Have a look at other guest houses, you will be suprised at what you can get for a tenner a night or less.

Just knock on the door and ask if you can view a room for you next hol, and ask the room rate.

Got a brilliant one in a lovely quiet area of Calangute, just by knocking on the door.

gateshead
Level Contributor
176 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lucia guesthouse

yes i know where tuscany gdns is ate there in march last year.We are there for a month from 16th feb so will knock on a few doors out of curiosity to see what we can find.I will just add we love the Santana but just fancied a change.Thanks again for the advice

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lucia guesthouse

Tonyreynolds5, have you checked out the Albuquerque holiday villas in Candolim, we always stay there, villas are clean, serviced daily and lovely powerful showers. I'm not sure how they compare in price to guest houses.

Derby
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lucia guesthouse

Staying here in March but having trouble updating the owner Joseph with the information that due to an earlier flight will need a extra nights stay so that i can access room on arrival.Have emailed and messaged via Facebook over the last 3 days without any success.SallyX

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lucia guesthouse

Im sure he will get back to you Sally.

Maybe they are having an extra long power cut :-)

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations