We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wash and go cant wait till saturday

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
wash and go cant wait till saturday

hi everyone i have found lots to read about Goa on the forums

i cannot wait to get there

there are a couple of questions i would like answered

i was not going to pack a lot of clothes for the trip i have been told you can buy t/shirts shorts etc swimwear are they reasonable priced

where can i take mick for a birthday treat while we are there could be a hotel /restaurant/day to remember need advice

we are staying in a friends apartment who is away how easy is it to get washing done ? if we need it

are toiletries reasonable was told to take sun lotion what is everyone using

a typical woman please reply havent packed yet xx

Durham
Level Contributor
359 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wash and go cant wait till saturday

Laundry services are available everwhere, shampoo etc, no problem but do take your own sun lotions.

Travel light, leave the high heels and heated rollers at home anyting goes in Goa.

As for a birthday treat wouldn't like to comment as its horses for courses (thats not a tesco joke)

Leeds
Level Contributor
187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wash and go cant wait till saturday

I like to take the Simple range of toiletries as there's no perfume to attract the mosies. You can buy all you want in Goa but not sure about unperfumed.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wash and go cant wait till saturday

Re buying clothes when you get to Goa - unless you're quite slim I wouldn't bank on getting stuff to fit.

Especially swimwear - if you're anything above a 34B you don't stand much chance.

Agree with Eddie about sun cream, take enough to last you as some you buy can be fake - and you WILL burn.

Have a great holiday.

ETA

buy mozzie plug in & spray repellants when you get there, very cheap and effective.

Edited: 23 January 2013, 09:16
Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wash and go cant wait till saturday

I tried to buy a a bikini one year and like the previous comment says no chance unless you very slim !!!

Everything else is ready available.

Julie

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
809 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wash and go cant wait till saturday

You will have an amazing time. Toiletries are cheap - head to Newtons - they have a good selection.

We had an nice meal at Brittos Baga. or you could try The setting is awesome , especially at sunset. Grab a Tuk Tuk to get there.

We also had a great meal at Souza Louba www.souzalobo.com. You could reserve a table on the beach for dinner.

You can easily get laundry done- so rather leave space to shop :)

Have a blast!

Leitrim, Ireland
Level Contributor
217 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wash and go cant wait till saturday

For a special meal you could take Mick to Au Reverie at the bottom of Holiday Street, excellent food and lovely setting. or Jamies in Baga, amazing food and athmosphere also.

Enjoy

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wash and go cant wait till saturday

For a special treat or just to watch the sunset try Thalassa greek restaurant on top of the cliff at little vagator , Tel. 09850033537.Best to book as it is popular. Not too far from Candolim in a taxi , you could even spend the day on the beach there.

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wash and go cant wait till saturday

I second that yorkietourer very good views also has said pre book and ask for a table at the very front of the resteraunt you can also stay over night in one of their huts at back of resteraunt

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wash and go cant wait till saturday

Pack light, a few bikinis and some nice tops for the evenings, the rest you can buy there.

Kingston upon...
Level Contributor
374 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wash and go cant wait till saturday

Can also recommend Thalassa the Greek restaurant, been a few times and will certainly be returning on our next visit...........coming up soon.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations