We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

typhoid

seghill...
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
typhoid

just to anyone who is due to travel to goa a friend of mine was in goa over xmas and new year and there daughter has gone done with typhoid so if you are not covered by injections get it done to be on the safe side .a vaccination lasts 3 years

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Cabo Palace
Points of Interest & Landmarks
LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: typhoid

Great advice as we have had some idiots on here saying that they have never had any vaccinations at all. These diseases are out there so protect yourself. I hope she's on the mend soon.

seghill...
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: typhoid

cheers stalex think she is .as it happens my wife was very ill a couple of years ago after returning from goa and we are wondering if it was that.she was ok last year but we are now trying to get jabs again as we are not covered

Hounslow, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: typhoid

Thanks for the heads up! We haven't had our Jabs yet! Docs say we have to wait till early feb. We fly out 30th march! Def have typhoid on our list to get!

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: typhoid

yes rev lol,,,just called the doc this morning about the jabs ,,he say ,,u must check your jabs are up to date ,no less than 6 weeks before u go in case u need a booster ect,,he said u need the 6 weeks to make sure thay got into your system,,ok,,, he said did u not pick up a leaflet,of the re desk,as u were going out last time u were here,,well,,,,,maybe a new thing never bin told this before when i have call them up to see if jabs up to date,,, likes been said maybe more people getting theses things now,,and thay are now making sure its,WELL IN, your system before u go to goa,, ect

Edited: 24 January 2013, 14:44
LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: typhoid

We've just done the 3 tablets over 5 days course for typhoid as no injections available.

Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: typhoid

That's what we've had to do Stalex, however due to there being no vaccine our local pharmacy stuggled to get hold of the tablets as these are now in short supply.

Just remember folks to use anti-bacterial hand gel before you touch food or have a meal and always use it when you have handled any money, it's amazing the amount of germs there are on money especially small denomination notes.

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: typhoid

Got lucky with Typhoid jabs in December after having other jabs in November. Just deliberating over anti Malaria meds after advice from GP is not to bother. Thats another can of worms best left shut for now . Fly next Friday.

Edited: 24 January 2013, 18:37
Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: typhoid

That's what I mean about GP's not being clued up re malaria, Goa is a high risk area and I for one would not risk it not taking anything, have a word with your local pharmacist they will probably give you better advice.

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: typhoid

Sorry done that also and had same advice. By the way GP is indian and his uk born son goes to India every year. Doc says no need unless going into Eastern Forrest area....... I'm not saying anyone else should follow this advice. Everyone should get advice from their GP and/or Pharmacist. Only highlights that medical people can't agree - what chance we?

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: typhoid

Wife's just come back from our doctors at 6.00 pm and seen the nurse about typhoid injection and she told her she does not need it ? So would not give her it

Edited: 24 January 2013, 18:58
Get answers to your questions about Candolim