We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time independent!!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
First time independent!!

Just got back on saturday. It was the first time in 10yrs we booked the flight and accomadtion indepndently.I was a little worried but everything went really well, Booked flights with Monarch they were ok. and stayed in a private aprt in Highland beach that was in a great spot. Had a really good holiday Did nothing just chilled on beach every day and ate lovely food at night.we didnt have a bad meal all the time we were there so if anyone is interested heres a list of where we ate

Rising waves -Twice

Snow inn ( now known as King Kane)

Curry House (up stairs)

Patricks

Mango Grove

Foxys Twice

Roma Pitsa

Havelli

Floyds Hut

Cuty Sarc

Not a dicky tummy in sight!

Had some jewellrey made and repaired at White dove used him many times

Had a couple of bags made (thanks Gel!!)

Had top made at shop under Full Moon used him many times too

And thats about it!! Sat here Easter Monday wishing we were still there. Roll on November!!

When we do it all again!!

cuty

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Church of Our Lady Of Hope
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,067 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time independent!!

Hurstie you are very welcome,pleased you like the Bagman, glad you had a good time,I am also sitting here wishing the year away, never mind i am sure it will roll round soon enough. :-)) Gel

Italy
Level Contributor
39,510 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time independent!!

Glad it all worked out for you and you enjoyed your holiday, we always go independant and have never had a problem.

USA
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time independent!!

What do you mean when you say you went independent? Also, could you please share the name of the apartment you booked? Thanks.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,605 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time independent!!

Loretta

Going independent means booking flight and accommodation yourself rather than buying a package holiday.

The OP stayed in a private apartment at the Highland Beach.

Glad you enjoyed yourself hurstie

USA
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First time independent!!

Ahh right thanks for putting that right Badgerlad - I would probably do the same. However, I'm trying to find an apartment to rent close to the Santana Hotel.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
240 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time independent!!

hi were is the bag man.we stay on the same road as the H/B

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: First time independent!!

Ask for the SHADDY NOOK.it's at the bottom end of H.B. The hadbag makers are in there grounds.

8. Re: First time independent!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations