We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
peterborough
Level Contributor
172 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
visa

Anyone know the price of visa this year through the propere resources

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa

Currently £82.00 plus £10.20 service charge

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa

And this is the proper (only) place to get it at that price:

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/

peterborough
Level Contributor
172 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa

No wonder people are looking elsewhere , this has doubled in 3 years

cheshire
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: visa

Goan government. Says if you carn,t afford the straight we don,t want you

cheshire
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: visa

Should read extra £ 50

peterborough
Level Contributor
172 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visa

This is an extra £185 per couple , if people stop going they will bring it back down

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visa

It actually doubled overnight blueboy and there is no chance at all of them bringing it down, actually more chance of them putting on a £3000 bond if the British impose it on them as they are considering. Britain is the only country that has these high visa charges, they went up last year in retaliation after Britain did the same to them.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visa

Dragonflies, the £3000 bond was only ever a short lived soundbite which was never going to see the light of day and was dumped almost in the same breath in which it said. Tourist visas for Goa represent a small amount of the visas issued to UK nationals. Increasing the prices still higher will,raise the income from visas overall, not reduce it. Also, the domestic tourists to Goa spend more per capita anyway than many foreign tourists and are opening up the resorts towards becoming year-round destinations which boosts the profit levels still further.

As far as I am concerned, any country can charge what it likes. A visa is a privilege, not a right. If I can't afford it or think it crosses the line of financial decency, I just don't go to to that country. There are plenty of countries out there to visit....

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visa

I hope so londonraffles and I am well aware of the proportion of visas issued UK tourists visiting Goa! I am not sure what your last paragraph is directed at, nobody has said otherwise, someone just asked and then commented on the current cost of a visa.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: visa

<<This is an extra £185 per couple >>

Agreed, it is an extra £184.40 per couple on the cost of your holiday, but it is "only" (notice I put 'only' in quotes LOL) an extra £84.40 per couple in reality as you were paying that for a visa previously.

In the hope of this thread not turning into Groundhog Day, here is a link to a thread discussing the increase as soon as it was announced back in January:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k6…

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations