We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety Deposit boxes at Santana Beach Resort

liverpool
12 posts
Save Topic
Safety Deposit boxes at Santana Beach Resort

Hi

Staying at Santana beach resort in November and was wondering if they had safety deposit boxes in the hotel rooms.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety Deposit boxes at Santana Beach Resort

This post is a few years old and they had them then...:-)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k3…

Not sure if they are in the rooms or reception though.

Edited: 21 September 2013, 22:23
Fallen on Hard Times
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety Deposit boxes at Santana Beach Resort

We've stayed at Santana on four occasions and we're going back two times this season. We have yet to be placed in a room where there is a safety deposit box. We have always used the only ones we have seen and they are at reception which is manned 24 hours a day.

The boxes themselves are made of steel, the doors are hinged (not combination) and fit flush with the surround. You are given one key which opens the safe. They are single key safes, ie they are NOT the type which requires the management key in tandem.

I'm pretty sure we were changed 40 Rupees per day (placed on the bill so you don't have to worry about having cash on arrival). If you are concerned about pilfering from the safe where the management used their own key you could consider buying a small lockable cash tin from fleebay which you could place inside your safe?

Whenever we use such a safe (and I have NO concerns with Santana) we always seemingly throw things in the safe but I always place something at an odd angle and I check it when I open it next. eg: Place the passports over a wallet then place my house keys on the passports with one key placed between certain pages of a passport. The management would have to take a photo to get an exact alinement's.

Yes Paranoids have real enemies too!

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety Deposit boxes at Santana Beach Resort

Stayed there in jan this year, cheapest safety box we have paid for, just 25 rupees a day. Felt totally safe using them. As other person said they are in reception area, none in room.

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety Deposit boxes at Santana Beach Resort

Hi, we stayed last year and going again this year. We had a safe in our room last year but also saw people using the ones in reception, so I am guessing some rooms have safes and some don't.

liverpool
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety Deposit boxes at Santana Beach Resort

Thanks everyone

6. Re: Safety Deposit boxes at Santana Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations