We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa Holiday

Glasgow, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Goa Holiday

My wife and I are looking to book to go to Candolim in Goa but have loads of questions like, is it safe for british tourists, when is the best time to go(pricewise and weather), is it dear once you get there, i could go on and on, we just want to find out as much as possible before we book, any info would be greatly appreciated...........:-)

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
512 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goa Holiday

there are more experienced goan TA sharers than me, but:

Yes it's safe - we've never had a problem,but you're in a tourist resort, so the usual precautions

we go in Feb, but any time from now through to April, it gets more humid as you get nearer monsoon season

No it's not expensive

i'm sure you'll get lots more info....

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goa Holiday

Agre with all the above.

Any more quiries just look on the right hand side that may help.

Glasgow, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Goa Holiday

Thank for that, how hot does it get? we are thinking of going next november, looking at staying in the Country Inn & Suites, do u know that hotel? what kind of entertainment can we expect as we love a night out?

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goa Holiday

goa is generally safe except bagsnatchers in candolim ... hoodlums on a bike might snatch your bag if you walk along the road . if you like to gamble take a bag out . dozens last year , search TA . its generally busy candolim with elderly brits , can get quiet at night . weathers great , prices ridiculously cheap .

Edited: 30 October 2013, 21:27
Glasgow, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Goa Holiday

Is it better to go to Baga or Calangute for a night out, is it far from candolim and is it dear to get a taxi there and back?

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goa Holiday

when you are in Goa it is safe feels safer than any spanish resort or uk city center price wise before christmas is usually cheaper than after weather will be nice and hot Just like to ask what your reasons are for candolim

Glasgow, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Goa Holiday

We like a bit of nightlife and were told candolim was good, we researched some hotels and found one that looks and sounds really good, why do u ask?

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Goa Holiday

it depends what nitelife you like .... drinks , pub , club , bingo , karaoke , raves , meal for two ....

Glasgow, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Goa Holiday

Yes we like all of the above, I see from other reviews that Candolim is quieter than Baga and Calangute, we prefer quiet during the day and lively at night so we can get a taxi to the livelier areas if not too dear?how far is Baga and Calangute from Candolim and how much is it in a taxi?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Goa Holiday

From my observance of other posters it would seem you have picked exactly the right resort. CBC strip are all virtually next door to each other, with Calangute being very lively and Candolim being very mild in comparison. As I understand it, travel between the three resorts is very quick/easy.

If I've got it wrong in any way the other posters will put both me and you right.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations