We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upate on beach shacks

solihull england
Level Contributor
66 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
upate on beach shacks

Morning. Is there anyone out in Candolim who can give us an update on the beach shacks we arrive late friday and wondered if more would start

opening this weekend. Thanx

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Church of Our Lady Of Hope
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Derby
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: upate on beach shacks

The shacks on Candolim beach except the permanent structures remain,excuse the pun,in a state of erection,serving drinks and snacks or no service still being constructed. All the shacks are charging for sunbeds that i have come across.R100 each

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: upate on beach shacks

Looks like me taking a very large towel out with me then to lie on the sand no way am i paying 100rps a day for a sunbed and pay for food and drink all day..

Derby
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: upate on beach shacks

Opinion is that once the proper licenses have been granted and they are up and running with proper menus and toilets-which quite a few currently do not have-charging for beds will end.Have used VJs shack sunbeds for 2 days.They have no drinks,snacks or toilets and stick there hand out for the money as soon as they have put it up.While people pay they will continue doing it and in my view habit has set in.......

4. Re: upate on beach shacks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 November 2013, 13:05
uk
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: upate on beach shacks

Hi Craig just back from candolim sat and quite a few shacks are open and doing food not the full menu and not all are charging for beds we used dom,s shack a few times and the food was great and the boys are brilliant .

solihull england
Level Contributor
66 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: upate on beach shacks

Thanks mary hope u had a good hols

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: upate on beach shacks

yes mary,, it looks a bit up and down at the mow,,things just starting to get sorted out,ish,,lol,,but lets see what happes in dec,,,,I have seen all is before back in 1996/ 50 rupess for the beds then some started to give free ones,,so thay all did the same,,thay wont stick together, thats, the shack owners that is,,not the beds,,lol,,, and,it will be free ones soon,,MAYBE,,, but the bed licences have gone UP a lot this season so maybe no stop charging,

Edited: 10 November 2013, 10:48
Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: upate on beach shacks

My first visit of the season to the beach today.

Most of the shacks are up and serving food and drinks.

Free sunbeds too!

Wolf

Derby
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: upate on beach shacks

Er not actually correct Mr Wolf at the shacks in candolim i have been to service is both limited and they are charging for beds,unless of course you have midas touch;))))

Edited: 10 November 2013, 11:42
Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: upate on beach shacks

Sally, its cos they are all afraid of the big bad wolf lol

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations