We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Photograohs Beware

Sheffield
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Photograohs Beware

Just had Visa application returned because photos are unsuitable, same photos I used last year with no problems. There really is no understanding these people!!!!!!! If i could spell photographs it might help!!

Edited: 14 November 2013, 11:14
Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Cabo Palace
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Manchester
Level Contributor
96 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Photograohs Beware

Did they elaborate as to why "unsuitable"?

Strictly speaking photos should be no more than 6 months old, so in theory no one should be able to use last years, although I know many have "got away with it" in the past!

Keith

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Photograohs Beware

That's really bad luck, just depends who deals with your application. Sounds like you got a jobsworth.

Edited: 14 November 2013, 11:35
Sheffield
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Photograohs Beware

Sent 4 off they only returned 2 other 2 are fine!!!! Also now costing an extra £42 of new photos and postage!!!!!!!!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Photograohs Beware

We've submitted the same photos as we used two years ago!! They're returning my application but I stupidly forgot to sign it but they're processing my partner's without any fuss... so far!!

What a blummin' faff it all is!!

Goa
Level Contributor
909 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa Photograohs Beware

Save yourself some money and use this service (found on BeingChildren's website...)

http://www.epassportphoto.com/

Produces the photos for you and you can print out on Inkjet printer onto photo paper (thicker paper is better), I used thin and still got them accepted, although the security guard at the door thought they would be rejected and wanted me to print some more but they accepted them.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa Photograohs Beware

Just referred to the photo info page on the vsglobal website.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa Photograohs Beware

The Kodak shop at side of Rising Waves, does the visa photos for £1.50.....Ok for following years visa.....

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa Photograohs Beware

We also had visa photos done in Calangute.

kent
Level Contributor
50 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa Photograohs Beware

I had the same problem too, they said the background colour was not white enough, the very same photos we have used for the last two years.

It appears they are trying to make it as difficult as possible to holiday in India.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa Photograohs Beware

Thats great, you cannot complain that the photos were ok last year cos they should be new ones....we take our own and then photoshop them to correct size and had no problems, cross fingers for this year.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations