We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the "Photo Upload Service"?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What's the "Photo Upload Service"?

Hi All,

quick question (not managed to upload photos on VFS before).

I've uploaded a photo OK - and when I get to the end page, it has as default "Photo Upload Service" checked and says this is optional and costs £10 - photos can't be larger than 15kb.

Is this compulsory for folk uploading pictures, or is it a helping service for those who can't upload or want them checking first?

I don't want to find we're missing pictures at the appointment

Sugar Shack
Other Food & Drink
Church of Our Lady Of Hope
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
The Cabo Palace
Points of Interest & Landmarks
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the "Photo Upload Service"?

You dont need to do it, I never have, just send the two with you application, one attached to the form and with the box signed below it.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the "Photo Upload Service"?

no, I've already uploaded a photo to the form during the application process. When you get to the final pages, one of them gives you an optional "photo upload service" and states it'll cost £10.

We're planning to take them into Birmingham (though no appointments are available for the day we want, so it looks like we'll have to take pot luck.

So I now have a form with a photo digitally attached - am I going to need to take a 2x2 replica of this as the 2nd picture? (if so, it was a bit of a waste of time uploading, as I wanted to avoid buying a set or messing around printing my own to exactly 2x2.)

I assume they want photos to match, so I can't get some printed, as they won't match what's on the form

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the "Photo Upload Service"?

I am familiar with the visa process, but not the digital photo upload issues

4. Re: What's the "Photo Upload Service"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 05:17