We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch premium

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
298 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch premium

We are flying premium economy to Goa next week and you get 30kg luggage however it doesn't say what the maximum luggage allowance is, surely 30kg in one case is too much for someone to lift?

Is it worth buying a bottle of champagne for the outbound flight? It's my 40th so I want to kick off the trip in style.

Anything else we need to know about premium with monarch?

Thanks

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch premium

I think this is still the current situation- 32kg max in any one suitcase:

monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/baggage/hold-check…

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,185 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch premium

Monarch use the global maximum for their one bag weight - 32kg.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch premium

Just returned on Monarch premium, why not get a bottle on the plane, just ask them to put one on ice for you.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,185 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch premium

I presumed the OP was talking about buying it on the plane, but maybe he was going to pre-order?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
298 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch premium

Thank you for your replies.

I was going to pre order it but wasn't sure what was included under premium economy.

Thanks

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch premium

We took 3 cases last year........ never again! Off to buy a bigger case this year, Love Monarch Premium! The service was fantastic. Flown with Thomson front cabin before and Monarch beat them on service. We are flying out 18 Jan. So excited! ! If flying Thomson I wouldn't upgrade as the standard seats are great, But Monarch standard seting it so tight. Have a great flight and enjoy your birthday. I think no case can weigh more than 25kg but not completely sure. give monarch a ring, champagne is not includeed in the premium cabin. You can pre order it.

Edited: 26 November 2013, 08:26
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Monarch premium

When we flew a couple of years ago, there was an annoying child in the cabin, probably about 7 years old, but he didn't shut up for the entire flight.

We thought we would be OK on the return flight three weeks later, but oh no, there he was.

Not Monarch's fault, but maybe an age limit on the passengers in the premium cabin would be a good idea.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch premium

I pre booked champagne on flights to India a few years ago. We waited for it to be served but it never arrived. I asked where it was late in the flight and they said "oh yes we were waiting to find out who had ordered it". My feelings were that they were more than happy to not serve it at all and wait to see if they got away with it. If you order it ask when you you board when it will be available.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
298 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch premium

I'll bear that in mind thanks xx

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Monarch premium

Very minor question, what newspaper do you get onboard?

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations