We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical beach scene

London
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Typical beach scene

Normal beach scene as I look along a row of sunbeds.

First, and English couple with a two week tan. Man, earrings and tattoes, reading the Times of India who has finally found a small paragraph about the Premier League underneath three columns about a plucky Goan gymnast who has come fifth in Delhi.

Lady, once more being fleeced by a jewellery seller making the most of the local police having lunch.

Second, a Russian group. The men have gone swimming whilst the ladies are bossing all the shack boys about as they arrange four sunbeds in a row. On the sand, yapping into a mobile phone, is a 20 year old Russian girl in a micro bikini.

Close by are a group of Indian men, dressed for the beach in long trousers and shirts, who have paused to examine the Russian girl in minute detail. She is oblivious.

Next are a group of cows all looking like they have just failed an IQ test.

Further along is a nervous English lady not yet aware that asleep under her sunbed are two large dogs.

Finally, are three young Indians, all down from Mumbai for a weekend break. Two men, all designer sunglasses and bling, have just encouraged the owner to play high volume rap music out of the shack speakers. One lady, dressed daringly for an Indian female, insofar as her swim suit leaves only 20 % of her skin exposed. Back home they are telesales reps.

Not much else is happening. Occasionally a battered jeep passes, slowly rotting away through salt corrosion, carrying a bored lifesaver and a plain clothes cop. Lower down the food chain, uniformed police prowl, carrying huge sticks to beat small children trying to sell strawberries.

At low tide, sometimes a game of cricket breaks out. This will involve athletic young Indians who are very good, English men, mostly decrepit old geezers who are bored with the sunbed, and a collection of young boys and dogs. Russians, oblivious to the etiquette of the game, wander through the bowlers run up.

1. Re: Typical beach scene

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 13:05
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
869 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Typical beach scene

How true is that. I felt like I was sitting watching the scene myself as I read it!!! Really cheered me up after a morning of city centre Xmas shopping!

Inverness
Level Contributor
446 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typical beach scene

Brilliant. But afraid rap music will drive me off the beach altogether. They had it at White Sands Agonda last year and we are going to find somewhere else this year. Not even for nice sun beds can I cope with that.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
869 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Typical beach scene

The music would move me on as well Cacaj!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Typical beach scene

Interesting read.....Thanks, sat here with closed eyes and could almost be there myself....

Infact, soon will..... : )

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Typical beach scene

Normdaddy, think you got hold of wrong end of the stick !!!!!! : )

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Typical beach scene

Spot on thats me reading the paper but without the tattoos,also trying to play cricket after a few tuborgs

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Typical beach scene

Cheers, I enjoyed that !

london
Level Contributor
181 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Typical beach scene

lol, lol, lol tattoos is Mr Geordie and I am sure I have seen that Russian girl on a number of occassions! Miind you I thought you were rather rude about the cows IQ!

Goa
Level Contributor
872 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Typical beach scene

That was was funny and probably an accurate description of the current scene :)

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations