We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monarch

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
north wales
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
monarch

Are monarch still flying to goa next season?

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monarch

Yes i think they are but I think there changing the days and times they fly from manchester.

north wales
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monarch

Thanks for that , cant seem to get any prices from Manchester at the moment

Fallen on Hard Times
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: monarch

Yes they are. Jewel in the Crown (JIC) are using them as carriers too. They posted their holidays about a week ago and I believe they are adding hotels to the list as I type.

www.jewelholidays.com/t/htdocs/index.htm

They fly from Manchester on a Tuesday. We've booked Santana with JIC and found the prices cheaper with JIC for three weeks compared with Cosmos.

One thing I've noticed is that they are NOT offering Premium Seating. Perhaps the plane they might use doesn't have premium seating?

north wales
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: monarch

Just had a email from mon saying they are reevaluating there schedules at the moment so no flights can be booked from Manchester , Gatwick still as normal at the moment

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: monarch

Hmm, I wonder if they are planning on changing the Manchester flight back to Friday. I will be cross if they do now we have booked with TC!

Fallen on Hard Times
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: monarch

Thanx Norman. You're Right. We just phoned JIC to ask for clarification. The friendly lady advised me that JIC are NOT now using Monarch but are Using Thomas Cook and our holiday to Santana which was previously booked for 25 Nov has been moved to 27 Nov and they will contact us for acceptance.

We will accept but I don't fancy sitting around all day after having checked out of our room at noon.

Some people prefer TC flight timings. We don't, but hey, it's only a small part of an otherwise inconvenience free holiday discounting:

Barking Dogs, Crows, Beggars, Restaurant Chain Smokers, Karaoke, Country and Western Music, Bag Snatchers, Persistent Pedlars, Taxi Drivers, Cows on the Beach, Cows on the pavement, Cows' droppings on the pavement, Pashmina sellers who claim the shawl they are trying to sell you was made by his mother in a wooden shed in Kashmir when in fact they were made in a mechanised factory in Amritsar, Power Strikes, No Sink Plug, Warm Beer (Top Nosh), Dust, People who nudge me telling me that I have soap in my ears at Anjuna Market, (no wonder I'm going deaf), Long Termers who miserly rent properties without pools and use small hotels with pools, buying one bottle of water a day, the same hotels where holiday makers have booked a three week holiday, thereby hogging all the sun beds (Alegria de Goa), Sand Flies, Half the Mosquitoes (it's only the females which bite), Tap Dancers who always seem to book the room above me, Loud Music at the Pool, Soft Music at the Pool, Any Music at the Pool, Waiters who greet me with "Good Morning" when they know that from that moment onwards, everything is going to get worse for me, Mama Mzee's Snorning and all those Whinging Whining Holiday Makers! On the good side there's always the weather and that's usually too hot for me too!

I can't wait to get back!

north wales
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: monarch

ha ha ha ,fallen on hard times,thats just brilliant ,cant remember if you mentioned the jackdaws nicking your breakfast lol,we cant wait to get back and are also at the Santana

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: monarch

Obviously you dont hear the Bread boy on bike ringing his bell at 6??

Fresh baked bread.... Lovely. Can't wait to hear it!!

Mims

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: monarch

Just had an email from JIC saying our flights have been changed to Thomas Cook too.

Grrrrrr

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: monarch

Well that cloud had a silver lining....

Rang JIC to cancel for a full refund of deposit & booked direct with TC keeping our original flight dates but with better flight times & saving about £50 in the process.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations