We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

south goa

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alicante, Spain
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
south goa

Hi

looking forward to our second trip to candolim in three weeks. We have booked to stay in the south cavolissm sp* for 3 days. Just wondered if anybody has visited the south and how does it compare to the north..thx

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: south goa

I stayed in Cavelossim on my 1st trip. Although it was incredibly relaxing, it was too quiet for me and been going north since.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: south goa

Whole Goa is a great place to go for both the north and south are equally good and i believe you will enjoy at both the places

Alicante, Spain
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: south goa

Thanks everyone. Will let you know when I return in march.

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: south goa

19 years ago we first stayed in candolim\calungute and continue to enjoy it for the following 11 years, however it came to a point where the north became so noisy and busy we werent enjoying our holiday, we chose to try the south which we had hated 10 years earlier because it was too quiet. We have now been staying in the South for the last 8 years and love it. All i can say is it depends what you want from a holiday. We just want sun, beaches and good food all of which are readily available all over Goa but the peace in the south wins over the bedlam of the north.

Littlehampton...
Level Contributor
70 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: south goa

We stayed down South in Cavelossim some years back and although the hotels are 4 & 5* lovely golden sandy beaches its way way too quiet for us, it says something when i looked forward to the ice cream man pushing his bike along the beach lol.........seriously though you might see 20 peeps all day long while sitting on the beach, maybe some peoples idea of bliss but tbh you can stay in the North and get an all day taxi to one of the very quiet beaches, Morgim, Ashvem or Mandrem or even stay in a beach hut overnight if you want to grab a few days hush..........Very nice but not for us.

Littlehampton...
Level Contributor
70 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: south goa

Apologies I had duplicated (edited now) the above

Edited: 04 February 2014, 20:19
17. Re: south goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations