We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santana

yorkshire lass
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Topic
Santana

Hi

Booked 3 weeks at the santana from December 27th. Been to candolim before and this time feel confident to go further afield. We would like to visit the Taj and experience a train journey in with this trip. Our questions are:- roughly what's the cost of the flights & trains. Is it too early to start planning and booking for this we would like to use a guide/driver to get us from A-B so we don't miss things.

Also is there a houseboat trip that you can do as a couple and not with another couple you do not know

Thanks in advance.

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Cabo Palace
Points of Interest & Landmarks
yorkshire lass
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Santana

Sorry it's under santana topic not sure why I did that

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santana

Have you booked your flights to goa already?, if not would suggest flying into Delhi and out of goa, as a multi city flight. If already booked goa flights, unable to take train as maybe a good 25 hrs. Wait to around June, and have a look at make my trip website to book domestic flights from goa. If it was me I would do the golden triangle(Delhi,Agra,and Jaipur). Book a flight to Delhi from goa, on return a flight from Jaipur back to goa. If you want a driver, suggest contacting four wheel drive india, based in Jaipur. Have used them a couple of times. At a guess would cost you around 150 pounds for driver and car for four days, covering these places. Driver would pick you up at Delhi airport, and drop at Jaipur airport. Flights from goa to delhi(60 pounds), and Jaipur to goa(60 also).

Edited: 03 February 2014, 15:44
Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santana

Can I just say that santana is a lovely place to stay.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santana

,,lass,,this place is well used..... http://www.com2goa.com/

yorkshire lass
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Santana

Right. Thanks Chelseawolves yes we've already booked flights.

Will read about the triangle. So flights from goa to delhi them maybe a train to Agra?

Booked santana purely on everybodies reviews on here.

yorkshire lass
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Santana

Right. Thanks Chelseawolves yes we've already booked flights.

Will read about the triangle. So flights from goa to delhi them maybe a train to Agra?

Booked santana purely on everybodies reviews on here.

England Baz

Cheers for that

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santana

A few years ago we did the golden triangle by train, the only headache is booking train tickets. When you are in Delhi you can either hire a driver for the day, or they now have there own ho ho bus, which stops at all the major sights. Think around 300 rupees each. The train from Delhi to Agra is around 3 hrs. From Agra to Jaipur 5 and a half, if returning from Jaipur to Delhi around six hours.

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santana

www.hohodelhi.com

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply