We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes washed

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Clothes washed

Hi never been to goa before but will be staying for approx 6wks in 2015

Is there place to take tour clothes to be washed? Usually go to Thailand for long stays.. Where lots of places to get your clothes washed very cheaply

Will be based In Candolin and Cavesollim in the south, so will be wanting to get our clothes washed

Thanks in advance

Castlederg
Level Contributor
542 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes washed

You will have no problem getting your washing done. Also you can buy small packets of washing powder for a few rps.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes washed

Laundry very cheap, but don't take any special whites! Often don't come back white but stained orange due to dust!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,406 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothes washed

Our guest house in Cavelossim offers a laundry service though I usually buy some of the sachets of Tide or Ariel from Watsons and wash T shirts and shorts out myself, they soon dry on the balcony. The sachets are great value and smell really nice - I usually stock up so I've got some for when we go to Greece in the summer.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
5,920 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothes washed

Snow Whites in Candolim ( near Rising Waves) charge Rs20 per item, be it a towel or a pair of pants. Ready the morning of second day. Take in Monday afternoon ,collect Wednesday morning. Can get liquid wash at Rs40 and comfort from Newtons. Do washing in large bathroom bucket, stamping on it with feet. Easy!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothes washed

Doing it in a bucket is a brilliant way of getting your feet clean ha ha, as you will find that your feet are always dirty. Don't bother with fancy shoes, they will be ruined.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothes washed

I'm fine with doing all my washing myself, but don't fancy packing an iron in suitcase!

We only have comfy clothes when on holiday but don't wont to walk around with really creased clothes!!

Getting it washed &ironed locally is better if there is places in the Candolin & Cavesollim areas

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clothes washed

Depending on where your staying they may have a laundry service. However a word of warning. Don't send any delicate items as they wash at high temperatures and stuff could get ruined. I send shorts mainly and they have been ok but lost a few t-shirts lol.

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clothes washed

Ha ha glad I'm not the only one who washes the clothes and feet in the bucket swimwear undies anything that needs a refresh but am wondering if it will dry outside as everyone says its so humid at the moment. Jennie

South Wales, New...
Level Contributor
687 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Clothes washed

Whites don't come out white, even if you wash them yourself. The water is a slightly orange, stick to colours.

Goa
Level Contributor
849 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Clothes washed

Prices are normally around 20Rs or less per item...

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations