We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from 2 weeks in Goa

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
southampton
Level Contributor
124 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from 2 weeks in Goa

We have just returned from 2 weeks in Goa, if anyone has any questions they would like to ask, especially in relation to restaurants and shopping, please feel free to ask - I am an expert on the handbag front!!

manchester
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from 2 weeks in Goa

Restaurants and shopping....now those are my very favourite subjects . Out of interest which were your favourite restaurants this trip ?

Southampton
Level Contributor
58 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from 2 weeks in Goa

How good are they copies for the bags. Are some better than others. We are going to Candolim, January, love eating out seafood and curries so names of good shacks regard cleanliness,friendliness be good. Do you know what the wine is like too. I drink white but wandering if there is any wine out there!!

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from 2 weeks in Goa

Wine is available but expensive compared to other alcoholic drinks - around £10 for a bottle of wine in a restaurant. Quality varies too but it's getting better than it used to be. Big Banyan is a brand we like.

Penarth, United...
Level Contributor
969 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from 2 weeks in Goa

I took 2 wine boxes in my suitcases.

Kim

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from 2 weeks in Goa

Thinking about using my debit card in candolim as I don't get charged. Are there reliable ATMs in candolim ? We are first time to goa staying at santana from 5th April. Thanks.

southampton
Level Contributor
124 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from 2 weeks in Goa

My favourite restaurants were:

Shivers (down a side road) - beautiful atmosphere/setting and the food is to die for - beautiful blue cheese steaks! There is also a singer most nites

Chef Soumyens Kitchen (just outside Candolim on way to Calangute) but only £2 in taxi and they wait for you - again beautiful atmosphere and great food - chef comes out and speaks to you after the meal which is a nice touch.

Tuscany Gardens - lovely italian restaurant, great food.

Inferno - so much choice on the menu and lovely cocktails

Bistro - beautiful food and cocktails, great service

Grills n Curries (now called Sams) - again lovely restaurant and great food

Jamies (this restaurant is in Baga) lovely setting, great food, lovely desserts and again great cocktails

Chocalatti - this is more of a pastry, cake and coffee shop but is in a lovely setting and the chocolate tuffles are to die for, lovely milk shakes too!

So many lovely restaurants and not enough nights!

southampton
Level Contributor
124 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from 2 weeks in Goa

The handbag copies are really good (although I am no expert in the designer ones) I bought a fake Radley out there 4 years ago and it is still going strong - most handbags were around £20 - some more and some less depending on size and design. Purses around £5 for medium size or £7 for the larger size.

Re beach shacks we sat at Tidal Wave every day, lovely people, very good quality food, no charge for sunbeds and you pay at the end of the day. We sat at the same shack last time we went.

You can buy wine out there - its not extortionate but more expensive than the local drinks, cocktails were between £1.50 to £3.

southampton
Level Contributor
124 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from 2 weeks in Goa

I didnt use my debit card out there for cash but i did use it last time I went and there was no problem but you need to let your bank know you are going abroad. The ATM is in an enclosed building. I used my debit card and credit card in the shops, no problem.n

southampton
Level Contributor
124 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from 2 weeks in Goa

Another good restaurant was Casa Seashell - again lovely setting, good service and very cheap! Try the amaretto dessert, very nice!

St Davids, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from 2 weeks in Goa

Hi, would love to know where to get some lovely handbags! And can you also recommend a good Taylor, am in need of some good quality skirts etc? We are off to candolim in December, can hardly wait!!

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations