We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

devasted on all counts........

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
devasted on all counts........

We flew home on an emergency ticket 1 week early from our beloved goa 10 days ago as we got a phone call to say my Brother in Law had passed away suddenly at 47. Thomson were fantastic at organising eveyrthing. He passed away on the Monday and as there was a flight that night, they got us on it. We were getting ready to go out for a curry when we got the call, 2 hours later we were boarding the bus for the airport, so sad and surreal..........

Hounslow, United...
Level Contributor
451 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: devasted on all counts........

Sorry to hear of your loss! :(

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: devasted on all counts........

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Good to see Thomson stepped up to help so many bad things on here about airlines nice to hear something good.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: devasted on all counts........

Such a sad post to read. Wherever you were, hearing that news would be such a shock. However,being in Goa makes it so much harder as the distance amplifies it. So glad that Thomson came to your rescue and you were able to get home asap. No doubt you now left with picking up the pieces but Goa will be all the sweeter when you return as I am sure you will do. In the meantime it's a day at a time and make the most of opportunities. God bless.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,428 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: devasted on all counts........

So sorry your holiday was cut short due to such tragic circumstances. Glad to hear that Thomsons sorted your flight out quickly and managed to get you home the same day.

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: devasted on all counts........

So sorry to hear of your tragic circumstances. The same thing happened to us in January, when my sister passed away,, iknow how you must have felt and more so when you are miles away from home.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: devasted on all counts........

Very sorry to hear of your sad news, thinking of your family and friends.

The distance is so hard my father in law had an aneurysm when we were there in 2012; you feel so helpless. Glad Thomson were supportive.

Hugs Ellie

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: devasted on all counts........

Very sad and premature end to your holiday, condolences on your loss, such a young age.

It's nice to hear that your tour operator was very proactive in getting you home quickly though.

I read a similar thread not so long ago and that poster's experience was very different.

UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: devasted on all counts........

The staff at The Silver Sands were lovely and helpful getting us in touch with the rep, the rep was great, stewardess on plane was great sorting it so we sat together, they had even arranged for someone to meet us off the plane and whizz us through security etc, he waited while we got our bags and even made sure we got on the mini bus to get back to our car, all this made such a difference. Thank you all for your kind words

London, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: devasted on all counts........

Very sorry to hear ur sad news

Cleobury Mortimer...
Level Contributor
425 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply