We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shacks by Aldea Santa Rita

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Shacks by Aldea Santa Rita

Hi, we're going to the ASR over Xmas & new year for 4 weeks, it'll be our 1st time to Goa too. Can you tell me the names of the beach shacks by the ASR please?

Also how far away are the bars & restaurants & the elephant shop to change money?

Thanks

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shacks by Aldea Santa Rita

vespa,,,, you can get info of the revues. tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297605-d3155…

a few shacks as well,,lol. www.ingoa.info/index.php…

first time to goa,,,ask what you want on this forum,,you will always get a reply, and there are more shacks on the beach,than on the shack,,link,,,,bye

Edited: 03 June 2014, 10:13
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shacks by Aldea Santa Rita

We stayed at th ASR three years ago loved this hotel, when you come out the hotel turn left, i would say about five ten minutes to restaurants then some bars. The Elephant shop must be at least fifteen minutes walk away, mind you i never really noticed the time it took to walk as there is so much going on and your busy watching where your walking and dodging the traffic. As for beach shacks we would go to Baga beach as there was much more choice.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Shacks by Aldea Santa Rita

Its in a lovely quiet part of candolim there are some very good restaurants with in 5 mins walk bus stop outside hotel about 5 rupees down into candolim center or walk which is about 15 mins the beach that end is nice quiet and peacefull unlike baga there are 2 or 3 shacks there you go past the lui beach hotel over a bit of scrubland and your there about 5 mins

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shacks by Aldea Santa Rita

If you walk through the rear of the hotel you come to Sinquerim beach. Turn left and the second shack is Big Blue. Nice comfy beds and spread out so your not on top of each other compared to other parts of the beach. If you turn right there are more and more shacks as you head towards Candolim.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shacks by Aldea Santa Rita

Thanks for replying everyone...

Have been reading the hotel reviews since last November but just wanted to know the names of the few beach shacks at the back of the hotel so I could read the reviews on those. Now I have a idea of how far everything is so thanks :-)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shacks by Aldea Santa Rita

We used. Blue Wave when we went there, best Prawn curry in the world.

London, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shacks by Aldea Santa Rita

When on the beach, walk past Blue Wave and Big Blue and at the end, by the steps upto the Taj is Tony's Shack..... I promise you you'll be hard pressed to find a more attentive and helpful man, fab little shack, great food and always a pleasure!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shacks by Aldea Santa Rita

Thank you goa girl and Tony :)

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shacks by Aldea Santa Rita

We are returning in December for the second time to stay at the ASR. One of the beach shacks we used was called the Santana, its not too far from you and you can walk down the beach to it.

This time I think we will be jumping on the bus down to baga beach.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shacks by Aldea Santa Rita

See you there Picky, we arrive 1 week after you :)

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations