We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar Flights, do I use an agent

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Qatar Flights, do I use an agent

Hi, Have always flown to Goa using BA to Mumbai and then domestic flight. This year thinking of going with Qatar Airlines via Doha. The agents ie Southall Travel seem to be a lot cheaper then the airline direct. Would appreciate your feedback on this as I need to book seven flights going in February 2015.

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Cabo Palace
Points of Interest & Landmarks
london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar Flights, do I use an agent

A lot of us use a travel agent, i myself have booked direct and also used agents for flying with Qatar, have you checked prices with other agents? if this is the best price personally i would go for it. I used Tickets to India this year and got a decent price. Qatar are a really good airline,Good luck. :-)) Gel

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar Flights, do I use an agent

I have used Southall travel many times, also I have used Tickets to India, these two companies always have cheaper prices than booking through the actual airlines, I have never had any problems with either company. Also twice, I have had to alter my return dates whilst I am in India, I have only been charged £25 pounds for changing the dates with both companies, it is more expensive if you change with the airline themselves. I trust Southall, they are a very good company.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,379 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar Flights, do I use an agent

The only advantage with booking direct with the airline is if you need to make changes. Agents tend to charge more. If for example you need to come home early and you'd booked with an agent , then they have to deal with the airline for you. You can't go direct to the airline your self.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar Flights, do I use an agent

Yorkie we have one free flight change once in Goa, I booked with Tickets to India. :-)) Gel

London
Level Contributor
8,719 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qatar Flights, do I use an agent

it is more expensive if you change with the airline themselves <<<<

I find this comment rather doubtful. The airline forum is littered with posts about problems trying to amend flights booked through an agent and indeed, Southall travel has some rather dubious reviews. Booking direct with airline, you are in charge of booking and any amendments, also many airlines do not charge any credit card fees.

Booking through an agent is fine when there is no change of flight time by airline or amendments requested by yourself, otherwise problems may occur.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qatar Flights, do I use an agent

Thank you for your comments. I have always done them myself before, but booking seven flights and making a. Saving of at least fifty pound per flight is a lot of money, but I do not want any hassle. British airways always been straight forward, just fancied a change and wanted to try the Doha route. Not sure what to do now, Will sleep on it

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Qatar Flights, do I use an agent

Gel that is what I always get with Southall and Tickets to India,One free change of date or time, you can even alter your plans and spend a few days in one of the connecting airports for no extra cost. all you have to do is pick up the phone and make the change yourself with Southall, or I go into one of the travel agents and they do it for me, I just pay them a small tip for doing it for me. Also I find using the agents means that you get 46kg luggage allowance plus hand luggage, if you book with the airline you don't always get this amount of allowance.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qatar Flights, do I use an agent

Thanks Gayle its good to know it actually works. :-)) Gel

Kent u.k.
Level Contributor
226 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qatar Flights, do I use an agent

I booked with tickettoindia today and was told I could have one free change. 40 kgs luggage allowance between the two of us and all for under £500. I also noticed that at the bottom of page of the flight confirmation there are 2 numbers in India in case you need any help.

Edited: 11 June 2014, 20:00
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qatar Flights, do I use an agent

What dates you going for that price. That is a brill price, did you phone them or do on internet

Get answers to your questions about Candolim