We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booked!

london
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
booked!

just booked our Gatwick flights with Monarch for Janaury. No other choice really, Thomsons want more than £150 per person more! Now dont get me wrong I realise that the Dreamliner is a new all singing and dancing plane but £300 a couple cannot be overlooked. I'll take the Ipad loaded with films and games (in case of no seat back tv) seat pitch may be a bit smaller but at 5'8'' I aint no giant. Thomas Cook never made the grade cos more expensive and not keen on their flight timings. Happy Days

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Church of Our Lady Of Hope
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booked!

Well done, don't worry abt monarch, think abt your lovely hol in goa. A flight is a flight, and 300 pounds will buy a lot of kingfishers or honeybees:)), I'm looking at flights in jan, but qatar way over 700 pounds, so maybe goin mumbai route there , and returning from chennai for a change.

london
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: booked!

I've looked at scheduled, but, if only going for two weeks the added travel time means lost holiday, When holiday time is no longer dictated by an employer the prospect of being able to stay for at least a month would mean that the added travel time is justified. I noticed a thread yesterday about Sunshine Holidays, so I entered my details of flight date I've already booked, and can you believe they dont list the Monarch flight but the Thomson flight is £50 pp cheaper than Thomson's own price?? and the TC price is roughly the same. confused.me.com. Still happy days

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
359 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booked!

Nice one Stonies,

We are in same boat can't go for a month but would love too. Just booked through Thomson website, went in shop for a brochure and to ask a few questions, the girl said I can book it for you but will have to charge a booking fee???? So needless to say I booked it on iPad, same difference just the booking fee was waived as I hate charging myself.

Enjoy your hols

Stevo253

4. Re: booked!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations