We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa application

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
visa application

going to goa oct 11 first time not sure how soon or how late to apply for visa cam anyone help thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa application

I would apply at the beginning of September. Your visa is valid from the date it is issued. Judging from other questions on here, I think it is quite likely that three-month visas are being issued rather than six month ones.

Barton upon Humber
Level Contributor
381 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa application

Last year they where coming back in about a week. Don't apply too early as some people have had the application sent back recently saying that they have applied too early.

I would say to apply 1 month before travel.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,228 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa application

It is total speculation saying 3 month visas will be issued, until someone has a 3 month one issued i won't believe it.

6 monthly multiple entry ones are the norm

I would read the visa guide at the top of the Goa forum and apply the first week in September

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa application

Yes, it is speculation, but I've never known so many be sent back (not just people asking on here) saying it's too early to apply. I only said it was 'likely' though, and I still think it is because of the possible changeover to VOA later in the year.

London
Level Contributor
8,637 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visa application

I have only read about couple of incidents of applications being sent back because applying to early. This happened last year as well. If you want to apply early then input your proposed departure for no more than a month away. Have done this last couple of years.

Several friends applied recently and has been normal six month visa.

notts
Level Contributor
110 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visa application

Hi. Last year we both applied for normal 6 month visas and for some reason I got a 6 month one....but my partner only got a 3 month! No explanation or anything.. Hence it banjaxed our plans for a cheeky return in March.

Who knows what will happen this year with the VOA business lol

S

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visa application

well sne,,,theres been no up/date sin,,the nod was given,lol. …indiatimes.com/india/…37550925.cms

Edited: 31 July 2014, 09:55
8. Re: visa application

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 05:16