We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any noise there in 3rd week of Aug'14..?

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Any noise there in 3rd week of Aug'14..?

Hello all,

We are booked from 18th of this month (Aug'14) for a week at Santana. Is there any noise and activity in Candolim..?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any noise there in 3rd week of Aug'14..?

Hi.

The Santana is a great hotel, and the the only noise will be the sound of the rain, it's the monsoon season.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any noise there in 3rd week of Aug'14..?

Smoking Chutney are playing at Sofala on Thursdays and Aviv is at Decades Friday also could be live music at the bar in market site Arpora or you can make your own noise at Why Not Prajyot's with Pilkie's Karaoka Sat evenings

https:/…

Off to Kent tomorrow to see Heather Andrews singing with Keith and Glen of Fridays Child, she sings with Smoking Chutney when in Goa

3. Re: Any noise there in 3rd week of Aug'14..?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 23:35
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any noise there in 3rd week of Aug'14..?

Thanks folks. Never been to Goa in monsoons. Heard there will be a shack which is open round the year. Is that so? And are those restaurants close by the road open this time? How about water sports/dolphin rides? Sorry fr too may Q's...:) responses plsss...:) tnx!

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any noise there in 3rd week of Aug'14..?

Don't think you will find a beach shack open in Candolim, even Calamari had to be taken down last season but Souza Lobbo in Calangute and Britto's in Baga are permanent shacks that stay open for most of the monsoon however the sea will be to rough for boat trips or water sports

Fishermans Cove in Candolim is normally open in monsoon and there should be a few others along the main road but most of the life tends to be Calangute/Baga area

Please post about your stay in Goa and what restaurants and night life you find

Edited: 10 August 2014, 08:08
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any noise there in 3rd week of Aug'14..?

Life seems to be a "pause" in Goa. Can I do a trip to old goa or so..? Any other suggestions pls... Can't just hang in around the resort all the days. Help guys...

@wellout - I will anyway post the first hand updates on the life there at Candolim early next week..

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any noise there in 3rd week of Aug'14..?

Candolim was almost like a curfew imposed place. No good restaurants on the Candolim stretch. Had to stick to the roof of Santana for food. However, Baga and Calungute are busy in the evenings with Indian travellers. Britto’s, Bistro and Antony’s shacks had some sound and activity at Baga. Shops on the road are also open.

Goa is just amazing with lush green all around and no doubt it is now at its best for relax traveling.

north wales
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any noise there in 3rd week of Aug'14..?

The roof of the santana ?you lost me

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any noise there in 3rd week of Aug'14..?

Lol...sorry...under the roof of Santana I meant... and forget to write...not much of rains at all this time...

north wales
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any noise there in 3rd week of Aug'14..?

Ah riight I was thinking I had missed a restaurant whilst I was there lol

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations