We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver Sands Safety Deposit boxes

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
359 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Silver Sands Safety Deposit boxes

Hi just a question to anyone whose stayed at the Silver Sands Holiday Village, are the safety deposit boxes in the room or at reception? I'm sure I've read somewhere they are at reception, could anyone please put me straight.

Would prefer them in the room just for personal security and ease if use

Thanks

Stevo253

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silver Sands Safety Deposit boxes

Hi Stevo

They appear to be in reception

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297605-i9001-k5…

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silver Sands Safety Deposit boxes

Stayed there in feb 2012 and at that time time boxes were in a room at reception. The boxes are secured by a padlock which is provided for you when you hire it. Sorry cant remember the price but it did include a refundable deposit.

Penarth, United...
Level Contributor
969 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silver Sands Safety Deposit boxes

They are in reception and theycost £1.00 or 100 rps per day plus a deposit for their padlock of about £3.00. iI take my own padlock have had no problems in 10 years

Kim

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
359 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silver Sands Safety Deposit boxes

Thank you all for your replies, I will take my own padlock thanks for the advice

Stevi253

Penarth, United...
Level Contributor
969 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silver Sands Safety Deposit boxes

you will probably still have to pay their 300 rupee deposit but just keep their padlock in the safe and hand it back with your receipt on last day. I take my own padlock because then i know that no one has a duplicate key.

When are you going

Kim

Derbyshire, UK
Level Contributor
89 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Silver Sands Safety Deposit boxes

We stayed at Silver Sands Hideaway which is a 5 min max walk from the SS village, and we had a safe in our room. Wish we were going back this year :-) have fun x

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
359 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Silver Sands Safety Deposit boxes

Family palmer, thanks for your post, someone else said safes were in the room, someone quickly pointed out it was at the SS Hideaway, but thanks anyway for your advice and we will do our best to enjoy.

Kim Peter, when you say take own padlock I've decided to do that, it's a great idea. Like you say no one else will have a duplicate and there's some valuable items in your safe ie Passport to name one.

The padlock you take is it one that would go through your case zip holes or something a lot more chunky? I'm trying to visualise the hole for padlock, don't want one too small or one way to big, advise be great. We are there at season start go on Nov 5th for two weeks, what about yourselves?

Stevo253

Penarth, United...
Level Contributor
969 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Silver Sands Safety Deposit boxes

Hi Steve

the padlock on your case would be too flimsy. We take a 2 inch padlock, fairly chunky but not huge.

We go for the first 3 weeks in February. We are also flying to Delhi at the end of the first week for a 4 night tour of the Golden triangle to see Taj Mahal

I am using a great Indian agent to arrange this, half the price of Thomson's and our own private car and driver.

KIm

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Silver Sands Safety Deposit boxes

Which agent do you use to arrange the trip. We are out for 5 weeks from NYE and want to do some sightseeing, can you give their details, are they in Candolim?

Thanks.

Penarth, United...
Level Contributor
969 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Silver Sands Safety Deposit boxes

Hi Boga

we are only down the road from you in Penarth.

Where are you staying in Candolim

We are using Deepak Sharmer, from Tripadvisor site.If you go on to the Agra forum he is an expert there.

I'll also PM you his email address.

Kim

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations