We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English football

walsall
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Topic
English football

We are flying out on the 19th November to the Don Hill. Can anyone recomend a bar close by where they show the english football.

Lynn

strathblane, glasgow
Level Contributor
140 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English football

HI

The Sports Bar on Beach Road show all the games live right through till the early hours.

walsall
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: English football

Thanks madamadam

I know where I will be on a Saturday night. lol.

Lynn

Mirfield, England
Level Contributor
495 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English football

The Sportsmans Bar is great. We have been going 3/4 times a week when we have been to Goa for the last 8 years. Tell them Brenda & Liz (the 2 sisters - ManU fans) sent you! They have our photos in there in our manU and England shirts with flags. We took them David Beckhams autograph this Easter. He signed the England programme for us the last time he played at Old Trafford.

walsall
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: English football

Thanks Brenliz

That sounds good. We will be there for the prem matches especially if the VILLA games are shown. Will mention your names when we go and have a look at the photos. Do they do meals there?

Lynn

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,660 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: English football

Yes they do serve meals, we had lunch there last November.

Mirfield, England
Level Contributor
495 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: English football

We have only eaten pizza in there as the games are on at peculiar times due to time difference, but yes they do basic food. Not your usual curry place though.

walsall
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: English football

Thanks Gemma 1 and brenliz

This is my first 4 week holiday, and I am so looking forward to it, can you please tell me how far the spots bar is from the Don Hill as Danny( the soft kid/ my other half) is disabled and can only walk short a short distance(usually from one bar to the next), so any info on the distance from hotel to bar would be appreciated.

Lynn

Mirfield, England
Level Contributor
495 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: English football

I am not sure as I don't know that hotel. We usually just jump in the taxi and he takes us there. We have had the same taxi driver for 8 years and he looks after us really well - finds out the times for all the games and reserves our seats for us! then comes down to the beach and updates us. We are a bit spoilt really! A taxi would cost you only a few rupees so maybe that would be the best thing to do then you know exactly where you are going.

walsall
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: English football

Hi Brenliz

The Don hill is by the kingfisher villa just up from the whispering sands.

Lynn

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,660 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: English football

That's quite a walk to the Sports bar then, you might be better getting a taxi. We stayed at the Victor Exotica which isn't far from the Whispering Palms and it took us about 20 minutes to walk up to Beach Road.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim