We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whispering palms hotel

lincoln
4 posts
Save Topic
whispering palms hotel

hi

we are booked to go to this hotel and would appreciate any feed back good or bad also any pros and cons in order to make the best of our stay ie what is it like for all inc?

thanks in advance

Derek

Sugar Shack
Other Food & Drink
Church of Our Lady Of Hope
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
The Cabo Palace
Points of Interest & Landmarks
n.ireland
Level Contributor
92 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whispering palms hotel

Haven't stayed in this hotel but I wouldn't stay anywhere AI in Goa. There are soo many excellant restaurants to check out and all very cheap. We usually just go for B&B.

Gail C.

Mentioned in this post
The Haven
The Haven
1 Review
Candolim, India
Goa
Goa
India
sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whispering palms hotel

generally speaking, Goan hotels are not able to cope with large numbers of diners appearing at the same time so what tends to happen with AI is that large quantities of food are left lying around for several hours. Avoid food served in the sun for this reason. Quality generally better and fresher in independent restaurants, much cheaper too if on b&b basis.

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whispering palms hotel

Derek,

Let me offer you a little reassurance about the AI seeing as you've already booked. Whispering Palms has always had a good name and it's in a great location. My friends returned from the hotel two weeks ago, they were full of praise for it, said that the staff looked after them well and that the food was lovely. Have a great time.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whispering palms hotel

We stayed at this Hotel in November last year, very good, staff really helpful and friendly( say hello to Dominic hope the baby is well) we were all inclusive but ate out quite often mainly because the entertainment was so dire, the food was very good, you can pick off the menu at lunch time and often at dinner. Our room was clean and spacious and although it faced a building site it did not bother us at all. Because we booked last minute and could not get into Whispering Palms, we stayed in the Aldeia Santa Rita in March and although it was very nice the bar shuts at 11:00 where as at Whispering palms the small bar stays open quite late and although you have to pay after 11 it is very reasonable.

This would definately be my choice when we go back later this year although I would only stay bed and breakfast as the coice of restaurants is so good. The only thing I would say is you have to be up early to get a sunbed which did not bother us as we prefer the beach and took taxis out most days.

As to organised trips our friends went on the overnight in the Jungle and loved it and we really enjoyed the dolphin boat trip but found taxis a better option most of the time as they are cheaper and the journey time is shorter.

Enjoy your holiday, leave room in your case for stuff you will bring home and let us know how it went when you get back.

Mentioned in this post
Aldeia Santa Rita
Aldeia Santa Rita
633 Reviews
Candolim, India
lincoln
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: whispering palms hotel

thanks for all that goagirl

most helpful and really looking forward to our holiday now

derek