We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Beach, Betalbatim

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Beach, Betalbatim

we will be staying a few nights at Sunset Beach in the Betalbatim area - have read the reviews on here and will try the recommended places in the area

However I realise that we are staying in a less developed part of Goa with not many restaurants etc - so how long would it take us to walk to somewhere with more action? Maybe Colva or Majorda?

Also one day we might like to head to Old Goa for a bit of culture, will we be able to get a bus from anywhere around Betalbatim or is taxi our only option?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Beach, Betalbatim

from the lack of replies I assume this area is going to be even quieter than I thought!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Beach, Betalbatim

South Goa is relatively quiet and very pleasant. Quieter than North Goa, but not as quiet as Agonda.

During the season (November to April, typically), you will find beach shacks in the area, and north and south, as well.

Sunset Beach to Majorda Beach is 1 to 2 km north

Sunset Beach to Betalbatim Beach is 1 to 2 km south

Martin's Corner is the most well known restaurant inland (about 1 km from the beach).

You will find a few 'walking maps' here, to give you an idea of distances and the general area:

January 2012:

…blogspot.in/2012/01/south-goa-in-january-re…

December 2012:

…blogspot.in/2012/12/10-reasons-to-travel-to…

Happy travels.

- Jyoti

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Beach, Betalbatim

If you are in Betalbatim there is a bus goes down to Majorda every ten minutes. It is also not far from the beach so maximum walking distance is half an hour. Nice spot with paddy fields and lots of birds to spot. You can walk along the beach to Colva and it would take about 40 minutes.

Best to get a taxi to Old Goa.

It would help if you said exactly where in Betalbatim.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Beach, Betalbatim

The nearest restaurant to you will probably be New Town. I've had two good meals there, but have heard mixed reports from other people.

It will take you about 20 minutes to walk along the beach to Majorda, and about 40 minutes to walk to Colva. I wouldn't recommend either at night. There are some quite good shacks along that stretch of beach - Baggies, Anri's etc. One or two of the shacks at Betalbatim have decided that their future lies with people who eat more lobsters than I do (I'm vegetarian), so options are becoming a little more limited. You should be able to find a tuk tuk driver locally who could take you further afield for a reasonable sum.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Beach, Betalbatim

thanks all for the info

yes New Town is the nearest, tried it last night - nice place with friendly owner but food was average at best, may go back for a drink on live music night though

had lunch at Anri's Place on Sunset beach - it is the only shack in our area so thankfully it is a good one!

coleshill
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Beach, Betalbatim

recommend Greenlands.Situated on the beach road that runs down the side of the Ailla Diwa Hotel. Chef does great curries and there is always a good selection of fresh fish.

7. Re: Sunset Beach, Betalbatim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Salcette