We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas

lancashire
Level Contributor
71 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Visas

Has anyone heard if the tourist visa is maybe set to rise yet again

24 replies to this topic
Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas

Just rumours !!

John

lancashire
Level Contributor
71 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visas

Lets hope so

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visas

I think you can expect a significant increase in the administration charge for visa applications with effect the date the new clearance company takes over operations for the processing of visa applications, as they will certainly have to implement increased charges to cover the new regional centres & machinery involved with the biometrics being recorded

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,702 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visas

That's exactly what I am thinking goahappydays.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visas

Then you have to add in travel to the centre to get your visa. not all of us liv near to these places, we for instance live about 100 miles from London.My husband in his seventys and not used to driving in London , just will not do it, so Train and Taxi.( will cost another bomb) I wonder how much it will all add up to.

I am glad I had a very nice cheap holiday in the Gambia last winter, it at least makes me think there is a choice , if Goa becomes just to much money when you add it all in.

lancashire
Level Contributor
71 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visas

what date is that expected

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visas

What date is what expected?

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visas

fullpassport, no dates have been announced for the change in outsourcing company, offers to invite tenders were issued by the IHC in April its now a matter of wait and see, but with the requirement to open regional centres with lounge seated waiting rooms, biometric reading equipment and other measurers, (those costs to be recovered from applicants it will not be considered part of the visa fee), a price rise is expeceted. what percentage of an increase that will be would only be a guess, but we all know these measurers will not be cheap to implement and you the customer will have to pay.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visas

My thoughts entirely goahappydays, plus the fact that the Indian Government is not paying the new visa agency anything so all the costs and their profit has to be obtained from the applicant!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visas

Seems the indian goverment are handing the outsourcing company a license to print money all the new measures plus a possible drop in visa applications will add up to a tidy increase in the admin charge ?

I wonder if I've had my last visit to India/goa ?

Reply to: Visas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted