We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gujarat February 2014

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
27 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Gujarat February 2014

I am coming to Gujarat from Goa in February 2014 with my husband could you please tell me if there are any direct flights to local airports.

We would like to spend 6 days visiting the main religious sites and would appreciate possible tour routes. I would also like suggestions for good quality hotels on route. We do not want to go on Safari.

Is it worth going to Diu when we have already spent a week in Goa?

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
384 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gujarat February 2014

Dear Beachbaby85,

Since you are coming from Goa, you can skip Diu easily.

You can follow below itinerary.

Day-1: Arrival at Ahmedabad airport. Ahmedabad has direct air connectivity with Goa. Overnight at Ahmedabad.

Day-2: Day trip to Ahmedabad - Sun Temple - Ambaji Temple - Ahmedabad. Overnight at Ahmedabad.

Day-3: Take morning heritage walk from Kalupur swaminarayan Temple. After breakfast visit Sabarmati Ashram, Hathisingh Jain Temple, Sarkhej Roza, Adalaj Step well and Akshardham Temple. Overnight at Ahmedabad.

Day-4: Ahmedabad to Somnath by taxi. Evening preyer at Somnath Temple. Overnight at Somnath.

Day-5: Somnath to Dwarka by Taxi. Enroute visit Kirti Mandir (Gandhiji’s Birth place) at Porbander. Evening preyer at Dwarka Temple. Overnight at Dwarka.

Day-6: Dwarka to Jamnagar by Taxi. Leave taxi there. Catch Jamnagar to Mumbai flight. Other option is to drive back to Ahmedabad.

Kutch is also good place to visit in February. I have posted my Kutch visit photos at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTQWquWbLwI

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
27 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gujarat February 2014

Thanks Pratik. Do you have any suggestions for good hotels? I also wanted to do sari shopping if anyone knows of a good place I would appreciate it.

I have also seen that the Ram Ustav Desert Festival is on in February has anyone been there and can they give me some information about it.

What is the weather like in February?

Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gujarat February 2014

Hi Beachbaby,

Rann Utsav Desert Festival Starts on 14 dec and will be running upto 18 march. Basically the festival is about staying in tent city set up for rann utsav. High speciality tent with attached bathrooms and chairs outside it for sitting and relaxing. There is tour for seeing the rann and its surrounding villages. The area of rann utsav holds many big domes displaying the art and culture of kutch region and other domes giving information about the industries, geography etc. There is also cultural programme on selected evenings where local artists perform. Many local people from surrounding places and villages visit the area of rann utsav.

If you opt for going to kutch then besides rann utsav, you will be able to visit religious places like Narayan Sarovar, Koteshwar, Mata Na Madh Aashapura, Ambe Dham near Mandvi, Swaminarayan & Trimandir Temples at Bhuj, etc. Have a NIce trip.

Cheers.

4. Re: Gujarat February 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:18