We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol Permit

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,319 posts
273 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol Permit

I understand tourists visiting Gujarat from other states of India are issued permit for purchase and consumption of alcohol in state of Gujarat. I am planning a trip of Saurashtra from 09/01, visiting Jamnagar, Dwarka, Veraval, & Gir. I will be travelling through Rajkot Airport. Please advise if the permits are issued @ Rajkot Airport, if not which is the nearest place where a permit can be secured.

79 replies to this topic
Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol Permit

Hi Mukund,

The permits are issued to foreign nationals visitng india who are citizen of the country from where they have came. The permits are issued at ahmedabad international airport onlt to foreign tourists.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,319 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol Permit

No effective 2012, even Indian Nationals, who are not of Gujarat Origin, are being issued Permits. One need to produce "Proof of Residence" and the facility is available @ Ahmedabad Airport. I wanted to know about Rajkot Airport.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol Permit

Yes the same facility is available at Rajkot Airport.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,319 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcohol Permit

Are you sure Arpit. What are the timing. Our flight reaches at around 6:00 in the morning.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcohol Permit

at Rajkot and ahmedabad airport, liquor permit counter is before custom or after custom point. bcoz if someone carrying alcohol from London. do they allow it and then issue permit at rajkot or ahmedabad airport. Please reply. Thanks in advance.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,319 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcohol Permit

Hi !

I did not find any counter at Rajkot domestic airport when my flight landed at 06:00 hrs.

Nor did anyone knew about it. I was told the permit will be available in the city after 10:30 hrs. Did not waste any time obtaining Liquor Permit ...consumed it without one.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcohol Permit

If you have non indian pasport you can get permit from wine shop here in Rajkot for FREE

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,319 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alcohol Permit

Hi Dhaval,

Welcome to TA.

The policy has been relaxed and now Indian tourists not domiciled in Gujarat can get a permit to buy alcohol in Gujarat.

They need to produce their address proof and copy of hotel bills to prove their tourist status.

CarLink

Chinchilla
Level Contributor
17 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alcohol Permit

Hi, I will be flying into Chennai. Will I need a permit also? I will be staying down in south india only

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,319 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alcohol Permit

No please.

CarLink

Reply to: Alcohol Permit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted