We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can We enjoy trip for three days in Ahmedabad

Kota, Rajasthan...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Can We enjoy trip for three days in Ahmedabad

as above

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can We enjoy trip for three days in Ahmedabad

Dear Satishji,

Yes you can do Ahmedabad darshan, Gandhi nagar darshan and also can spend a day in Vadodara.

Do not miss 14th Jan for its kites festival. The city goes crazy.

Rani ni vaav, decorated well is an architetural wonder. Also do not forget to see Akshardham Mandir at Gandhinagar. Raja Ravi Varma's original paintings in Vadodara palace will enchant you.

What I will say about Gujarati food. It is fabulous.

Mentioned in this post
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad District, India
Vadodara
Vadodara
Vadodara District, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can We enjoy trip for three days in Ahmedabad

I never felt the urge to visit Gujarat like I have to go to Rajasthan, Goa or Kerala.

@sanjiv - Tell me about the best things to see and experience in Gujarat. Religious, nature and historical.

something which i know are Dwaraka, Akshardham temple, Sabarmati Ashram.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Kerala
Kerala
India
Akshardham Temple
Akshardham Temple
1,716 Reviews
Ahmedabad, India
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can We enjoy trip for three days in Ahmedabad

Dear Hemkumarjee,

Seeing is believing. Apart from Akshardham, Dwarka, Somnath there are so many things to see in Gujarat.

Gir forest and its lions are worth a visit. Only asian tigers are found in Gir and it is the only place where you will find one. Lions you see at other places are cross-breed between African and Asian lion which was due to lions brought by circus owners.

The decorated wells in Gurarat are considered as architectural wonders and people across the world come to see those wells. All your preconceived notions about the water well would be shattered once you see those wells. It is mind boggling.

Sardar Sarovar on Narmada river too is good. Now because of security reasons they do not allow to see it freely but you can take the darshan of holy river Narmada.

If you are interested in paintings of Raja Ravi Verma, a great painter of his time (let me tell you, photographs of Ram, Seeta, Godess Saraswati and Laxmi, Durga etc. which you see today are all originally conceived and painted by Raja Ravi Verma in those days and now it is so common to see them that people of this generation have forgotten this totally. He had chosen 9 yards saree which Maharashtrian ladies used to wear as a dress for those Godesses. Even today each Godess in shown in that attire)

The great paintings of Raja Ravi Verma are available to see in Baroda Palace. Even the palace too is worth a visit.

If you want to see the white revolution of India which is most successful in Gujarat is Amul at Anand. Dr. V. Kurien did this magic and people of Gujarat achieved the great success. No other state could reach to that height f success.

Even today another administrative reforms are efficiently carried out with great success by the Chief Minister. Their number for ambulance with doctor, fire brigade and police in case of exigency works far more efficiently than 911 number of U.S.A. You will be amazed to see the highest rate of employment generation across all the categories in Gujarat.

The last but not the least that I am not a Gujarati person but stayed in Gujarat for 2 years during my posting there as a bank manager.

Mentioned in this post
Dwarka
Dwarka
Devbhumi Dwarka District, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can We enjoy trip for three days in Ahmedabad

thanks for valuable inputs. can you suggest me travel iternary say for 5 days. i am based out of Delhi

will be interested in all that you have mentioned. Not sure about Anand.

p.s. - not sure whether you feel that my query was just to poke. i was really serious to know more about Gujarat for a tourist to see. it is matter of urge and anticipation to see some places which i miss regarding gujarat. it is same with regards to some other states llike AP, West Bengal, Bihar, etc.

Mentioned in this post
vkb
mississippi
Level Contributor
666 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can We enjoy trip for three days in Ahmedabad

Mr HemKumar,

You can spend five days in a variety of ways in and around Ahmedabad or traveling in the state of Gujarat. Depending on your interests the high lights of Ahmedabad are the Old Walled City which you can cover as part of the great Heritage Walk in the morning, the Sabarmati Ashram, the Sarkhej Roja Complex, the Street market and the street food at Law Garden, Adalaj Stepwell, Calico Museum (appointment needed), the Indian Institute of Management Campus, Science City, Kankaria Lake. If you are in to birding Nalsarovar and Thol lake are very close to the city. The Akshardham Temple complex in Gandhinagar is nearby and worth a visit if that sort of stuff interests you. You can do all that in two days. The remaining three days can be spent in Saurastra with a visit to the Velavadar Black Buck Sanctuary, Palitana and at least an overnight at Sasan Gir. If you choose that direction you can easily work in Somnath or Diu. If you north you can visit Modhera and Patan with an overnight at Zainabad to see the last remaining Gudhkar and many bird species at the Little Rann of Kutch Santuary. Neither of these options include Vadodara/Champaner/Chandod which can be done as a separate trip. Hope this helps and that you enjoy your visit to Gujarat. Let me know if you need any more information or help

Edited: 07 December 2011, 22:15
Mentioned in this post
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad
Sarkhej Roja
Sarkhej Roja
197 Reviews
Ahmedabad, India
Kankaria Lake
Kankaria Lake
1,759 Reviews
Ahmedabad, India
Thol Lake
Thol Lake
44 Reviews
Kadi, India
Akshardham Temple
Akshardham Temple
1,716 Reviews
Ahmedabad, India
Somnath
Somnath
Gir Somnath District, India
Diu
Diu
Daman and Diu, India
Little Rann of Kutch
Little Rann of Kutch
69 Reviews
Gujarat, India
Vadodara
Vadodara
Vadodara District, India
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can We enjoy trip for three days in Ahmedabad

Dear Hemkumarjee,

Yes I admit that I first felt it was sort of poking. But now after your clarification, now I am convinced that it was not poking but a genuine quest for info.

You can fly down to Ahmedabad or if you come by train get down first at Baroda (Vadodara). One full day is enough to see the palace. There are n number of hotels in Sayaji ganj area. which is just within a radius of 1 km. Any auto rickshaw driver will willingly show you few hotels even if you do not have booking because they get extra commission from the hotels. Either you can hire a taxi or go by auto. It is amazing for a delhi residents to see that autos here run on meter and rarely cheat. You can take a taxi to Chandod 40/50 kms. away to see Narmada river there.

You can take a express bus to Ahmedabad (every 30 minutes from Vadodara bus stand near rly. station.) Ahmedabad onwards itenerary has been nicely stated by our friend vkb. I must thank him for it.

Mentioned in this post
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad
Vadodara
Vadodara
Vadodara District, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can We enjoy trip for three days in Ahmedabad

Thanks a lot sanjiv. this time i should explore gujarat.

what about kutch area. do you have any tourist related info regarding this area.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can We enjoy trip for three days in Ahmedabad

Hemkumarjee,

Sorry dear, I have never been to Kutch. I wish to visit that area but could not do so till date. I hope to cover that next year. Hence no info on that area. It has its own beauty and Govt. of Gujarat arranges Rannotsav for tourists. Presently it is going on. You can read about it on Gujarat tourism website.

Sanjiv

Mentioned in this post
Gandhinagar, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can We enjoy trip for three days in Ahmedabad

hi Hemkumar & Sanjiv....

Would like to add a bit here....

Other then what Sanjivji said.... The worth and literary WORTH seeing places are...

- Kutch (The pristine beauty of White Salt Desert can be seen during full moon) and its worth visiting.

- Mandvi (One of the best beaches) followed by Palace over there.

- Narara & Pirotan Island (The only place to see Marine life, corals by just walking into the sea)

- Little Rann of Kutch (Wild A-s-s Santuary, Flamingos)

- Modhera Sun Temple

- Dholavira & Lothal (Escavated Site of Harrappan Civilisation - 4500 Years old)

Regards

Nihit

Mentioned in this post
Modhera Sun Temple
Modhera Sun Temple
281 Reviews
Modhera, India
Lothal
Lothal
145 Reviews
Ahmedabad, India
New Delhi, India