We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in ahmedabad

Which Ahmedabad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
11 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental in ahmedabad

Looking for recommendations for a reliable car rental service for local trips in Ahmedabad.

Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental in ahmedabad

Hi spiritvoyager,

You can call Gujarat Tourism Call Centre at 1800 233 7951.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
11 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental in ahmedabad

Thanks. That is a local number. Do they have a telephone number I can call from out of India?

What about Savaari car rental - any experience with them?

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
379 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental in ahmedabad

Hi spiritvoyager,

Try below numbers.

Phone: +91 79 26589172, +91 79 26576434

Telefax: +91 79 26582183

E-mail: tibahd@gujarattourism.com , tibahd@gujarattourism.com

4. Re: Car rental in ahmedabad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 14:41
Edited: 15 December 2013, 14:41
5. Re: Car rental in ahmedabad

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 14:41
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
11 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental in ahmedabad

For Ahmedabad car rental/taxi service, I used the 2 companies below which were the most transparent in terms of pricing, with convenient email and phone service. But see detail below:

1) www.autoriders.net - slightly more expensive than below but very helpful and cheerful drivers. Their charges start from when the driver leaves their garage to the time the driver returns to their garage.

2) www.charteredcabs.co.in - cheaper than above in terms of packages they offer and their charges start from the time they pick you up till they drop you off. Drivers are a bit grumpy and rush you around. Also for my airport drop-off the agreed price with their office was Rs 750 but the driver made me pay for a toll of Rs 14 (unnecessary to have gone through the toll road at that hour) and Rs 70 airport drop-off charge. He also wanted to charge me an additional Rs 25 for an extra km but when I said the office had calculated the kms in the package he dropped that charge. Another passenger being dropped off at the airport just behind me by the same company was not charged the Rs 70. Note that there is no charge for drop-off at Ahmedabad airport if this is within 5 minutes (I was within this time limit). So obviously some rogue drivers operating in Chartered Cabs to be wary off and spoiling the company's reputation.

i wouldn't bother with gujarat tourism.

7. Re: Car rental in ahmedabad

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 07:17