We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navratri in Baroda

Which Vadodara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Navratri in Baroda

Hey,

5/6 of us friends, all ladies, would like to travel to Gujrat just for Navratri experience.

could you please give me some suggestions in Baroda:

1. Good places to play garba?

2. Good reasonable sleepable hotel?

3. Shopping places or local markets.

4. Places to eat, Baroda Special.

5. Transportation - would it be ok to use rickshaw or do we hire a car?

i know it's far too early, next September 2014, but i'm trying to plan early.

Thanks

Puss

11 replies to this topic
Vadodara, India
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Navratri in Baroda

Well! First hello! I am Dhawal, staying in Vadodara only. Actually in whole Gujarat, Navratri festival is celebrated at its best in Vadodara only.

so answers to your questions.

1. Good places to play Garba - United Way of Baroda, Shishu, Allaiya Ballaiya (where I usually play).

2. Best is The Gateway Hotel, then Welcome, etc. Well they will be reasonable for USD! ;) :D

3. Shopping places... Inorbit Mall, More Megastore, 7 Seas, etc.. etc..

4. Best typical barodian is available everywhere u roam in Vadodara. But according to me tpical barodian food will be available at Sursagar lake, Race Course Circle, Susen Circle and City area too!

5. It would be OK with rickshaw only. After reaching the spots, better walk! (Y)

Well its quite early now! But u should arrive here a week before Navratri to get your Chaniya-Cholis (Typical Navratri Dresses),

I hope this would help. And if in need of help after your arrive here! Feel free to contact! :)

Welcome! :)

Edited: 17 April 2014, 16:39
Vadodara, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Navratri in Baroda

…about.com/od/…Gujarati-Garba-Venues.htm

Well refer this link too! ;)

Ahmedabad, India
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Navratri in Baroda

Some reasonably priced hotels to stay in Baroda are Sayaji Hotela, Surya Palace Hotel, Hotel Sunrise, The Oasis, Hotel Palmview Residency. Tariffs start from Rs 1750 to Rs 2000 onwards and they charge extra for additional occupant.

You can buy beautifully carved home décor items, paintings, handicrafts, tie and dye fabrics and ethnic dresses. Interior Haat on Vasna Road is a must visit place to buy handicrafts, paintings, gifts, accessories, wall décor, carved furniture, wall hangings and many more items.

Hi-Fashions Boutique on New Sama Road is one of the best place to buy sarees, Indian dresses and ethnic jewelry. Some other places for shopping are Rang Vesh, Bodhi, Sringar, and Chhaap.

Thali restaurants in Vadodara are Mandap and Kansaar. Sigdi Restaurant serves pure veg food in Indian, Punjabi and tandoori style. Masala 360 for Indian food, Zafaroon for South Indian fast food, Tadka Twist and BBQ Inn are some good restaurants. While in Baroda you must try Sev Usal at one of the local joints.

Rickshaw or rental car is a good option for transportation in Vadodara.

London, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Navratri in Baroda

Thanks Guys.... much apprciated for your info.

Guildford, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Navratri in Baroda

I am from UK and I had a horrible experience with the Dhruv Travels in Jasraj complex, Nr Parivar Char Rasta, Waghodia Road . VADODARA. They advertise that they cater for NRI . I booked a tour through them and paid them full cash money. They rang me 2 hours before the tour that the tour is cancelled because I was over booked.!! Imagine the horror going through my mind as I had already vacated my hotel room and told everyone that Im going on a tour !!. So beware and do not book anything through DHRUV TRAVELS.in VADODARA.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Navratri in Baroda

Hi,

There are various budget and good quality hotels and restaurants in Sayajigunj area which is near railway station. I may recommend Surya, Surya Palace (both are in different lane but not far away from each other) with their very good restaurants, Sayaji Hotel, Nidra hotel etc. Restaurant of Nidra is also very good. There are many other good hotels in Alkapuri area also.

I had been to Baroda for Kite festival and had written a blog with photographs. You may find it interesting.

http://sanjivmulye4.wordpress.com/

Sanjiv

Edited: 19 May 2014, 08:36
7. Re: Navratri in Baroda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 21:05

Vadodara, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Navratri in Baroda

Hi Puss!

Best Place for Navratri- Well easily its United way of baroda

Places to stay- Try The Gateway or maybe Welcome Hotel

Shopping- Try our various malls Near Genda circle

Food- Try out all the local food i.e Penda, Kachori, Vadapav, Samosa, dalwada. You will all of this in Alkapuri itself

Transportation- Hire a car and the driver will help you out with rest. Enjoy!!!

Bharuch, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Navratri in Baroda

The very good place to play Garba is United way Garba ground. The Garba is sung by The great singer Mr. Atul Purohit. It's fun hearing him and playing garba over there.

And for the stay in Vadodara visit Hotel Vrundavan Residency, Opp. Siddhivinayak temple,Dandia Bazar main road,Vaododara. Visit http://vrundavanresidency.com/

Ahmedabad, Gujarat...
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Navratri in Baroda

Try the Four Points by Sheraton hotel in Fateh Gunj, Vadodara

Reply to: Navratri in Baroda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vadodara